Part number assistance

Parts.Ford.com does not show this part, but I know it is available.

It is the "lead frame" for a 6R80 transmission in a 2012 5.4L Expedition.  The "lead frame" is a molded plastic part that bring the electrical contacts for the solenoids and speed sensors inside the transmission to the outside bulkhead connector.

List price would be nice also.

Select 2012 Expeditions were included in Customer Satisfaction  Program 16N02 which provided for a one-time repair / warranty extension on the 6R80 molded leadframe.  The extension was for 10 years from the warranty start date or 150,000 miles.  The build date range was from 08/26/2011 to 06/06/2012.  The original part number was AL3Z--7G276-B which has supperceded to AL3Z-7G276-D which has a MSRP of $137.50 .   You also replace a foam insert (FL3Z-14B167-A $3.70), 9 quarts of MERCON LV, the pan gasket and transmission filter.

• Like 1

The pan gasket is supposed to be reuseable. It usually isn't. The pump adaptor needs replaced if its not olive green. Save yourself the headache and replace the filter as well, as the old one is too heavy to stay in the pump very well. If the tube seals come out with the main control, put them back in the trans case first. Do not leave them stuck to the control. Finally, have some COLD petroleum jelly available to "glue" the thermostat assembly into the case while you rehang the control (spring towards case).      

FYI, I'm pretty sure FordTechMakuloco has covered the 6R80 lead frame replacement on his YouTube channel, and he usually puts the part numbers (and sometimes even links to buy them) in the description under the video.

ETA: When my brother was doing the timing set on the F-150 he bought, we used the FordTechMakuloco videos a lot, and one of them had all of the parts numbers for all of the parts and tools, right down to the cam lock and the Melling oil pump. He even included the torque specs and sequence.

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WillSD said:

Select 2012 Expeditions were included in Customer Satisfaction  Program 16N02 which provided for a one-time repair / warranty extension on the 6R80 molded leadframe.  The extension was for 10 years from the warranty start date or 150,000 miles.  The build date range was from 08/26/2011 to 06/06/2012.  The original part number was AL3Z--7G276-B which has supperceded to AL3Z-7G276-D which has a MSRP of $137.50 .   You also replace a foam insert (FL3Z-14B167-A $3.70), 9 quarts of MERCON LV, the pan gasket and transmission filter.

Well now I need to check the build date and see if I can get a refund from the dealer !

Forget about FordParts.com, it is next to useless.  It had bad lookup logic before the redesign, but at least then, generally functioned as one would expect.  The new FordParts.com should literally be taken down, it is embarrassment level bad, no one in the public should experience something like that from a major company.  Sad, as the old FordParts.com was at least somewhat useful... :(

• 4 weeks later...