Electric 1967 Mustang

You might be doing it wrong if you have to fit it with an exterior sound system to mimic the sound of the famed GT500 exhaust note.

I really don't get the fanfare about electric cars. They accelerate fast, but so do crotch rockets. If acceleration was the only thing that mattered to the owning/driving experience, car enthusiasts would be motorcycle enthusiasts. A tesla model s might do a good job of pinning you in the seat, but it sounds like a golf cart.

I just don't get it.

Russian startup Aviar Motors has announced plans of building first-generation Ford Mustang lookalikes with all-electric powertrains, making an enormous 840 horsepower and over 700 pound-feet of torque.

Someone needs to tell the Ruskies that the 1967 model was the SECOND generation of that iconic classic....

14 hours ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

I really don't get the fanfare about electric cars. They accelerate fast, but so do crotch rockets. If acceleration was the only thing that mattered to the owning/driving experience, car enthusiasts would be motorcycle enthusiasts. A tesla model s might do a good job of pinning you in the seat, but it sounds like a golf cart.

I just don't get it.

Electric cars that aren't conversions of existing gasoline/diesel powered cars can be optimized for agility and handling precision. Balanced weight distribution and low center of gravity better than existing cars can be achieved. This is due to the way the batteries and motors can be packaged with the chassis. Tesla does this very well. That's why they attract car enthusiasts, not just people who choose EV because of fuel cost savings or no emissions. 

5 hours ago, twintornados said:

Someone needs to tell the Ruskies that the 1967 model was the SECOND generation of that iconic classic....

1965-1973 is all considered Gen 1.

1974-1978 is Gen 2.

1979-1993 is Gen 3.

1994-2004 is Gen 4.

2005-2014 is Gen 5.

2015-present is Gen 6. 

18 hours ago, CurtisH said:

1965-1973 is all considered Gen 1.

I disagree with this part.....a 1965 had little in common with the 1967 model that replaced it and the 1971-1973 model was so far different from the original that other that the short deck and long hood where completely different cars.....I still contend that 1964 1/2 - through 1966 were "Gen 1"....1967-1968 "Gen 2" 1969-1970 "Gen 3" and 1971-1973 as "Gen 4"...these years were very different from each other and not just cosmetic changes....

32 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I disagree with this part.....a 1965 had little in common with the 1967 model that replaced it and the 1971-1973 model was so far different from the original that other that the short deck and long hood where completely different cars.....I still contend that 1964 1/2 - through 1966 were "Gen 1"....1967-1968 "Gen 2" 1969-1970 "Gen 3" and 1971-1973 as "Gen 4"...these years were very different from each other and not just cosmetic changes....

While you are correct with the cars being different 65 - 73 are pretty universally referred to as the first generation Mustang.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tzach said:

While you are correct with the cars being different 65 - 73 are pretty universally referred to as the first generation Mustang.   

They all had a 108 inch wheelbase outside of the 1971-73 Model, which pushed it up an inch.

I'm going to assume that they all had the same platform, but it was significantly changed with each body style.

6 hours ago, twintornados said:

As mentioned by  silversvt, I assume that the platform was basically the same.  I’m pretty sure there were substantial updates as engine size and power increased.  

30 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Well, there it is then...Since I an a Ford fan....I normally don't google Ford stuff...preferring to come here for info instead....learned something new today.

See? He can be taught! :hysterical:

Back in the day, I remember the early Mustangs being categorized about like you mentioned. Of course, "back in the day," you just had the early Mustangs, the Mustang II, and a few years of the Fox bodies, so the separation of the early Mustangs made more sense. I think the current breakdown of the generations has more to do with the 50+ years of Mustang history than with anything else; when you have the early Mustangs, Mustang II, Fox bodies, SN95, SN197, SN550, and upcoming CD6, it doesn't make sense to separate out the early Mustangs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoonerLS said:

See? He can be taught! :hysterical:

Back in the day, I remember the early Mustangs being categorized about like you mentioned. Of course, "back in the day," you just had the early Mustangs, the Mustang II, and a few years of the Fox bodies, so the separation of the early Mustangs made more sense. I think the current breakdown of the generations has more to do with the 50+ years of Mustang history than with anything else; when you have the early Mustangs, Mustang II, Fox bodies, SN95, SN197, SN550, and upcoming CD6, it doesn't make sense to separate out the early Mustangs.

I find it strange to talk about your F150 as a “12th gen” or mine as a “13th gen”.....  that’s a lot of gens!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, tzach said:

Of course, is not the same car. Are different generation.

RMCharlieThomasCollection2012_205_Ford_1

07065_si_1965_ford_mustang_2_u_2_fastbac