Jump to content

New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

  • Custom Search


blksn8k2

Harvick's 2019 Mustang

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Look at the tracks where the new package isn't being used. That's because the tapered spacer leaves the throttle far less responsive than it needs to be on short tracks and road courses

That's why a smaller displacement engine would be better (IMO).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, akirby said:

I see younger fans identifying with drivers not brands.

I'm more like him than the younger more casual fans, and I'm not as big of a Die hard as I used to be. Maybe it's because I grew up watching in the 90s when Dale Earnhardt was the man, Jeff Gordon was the man on fire and there was a lot more personality in the garage. Then Jimmie Johnson came along and started the trend of clean shaven corporate friendly guys. It's nice to see some of the personality coming back the last 2-3 years with the new group of young drivers but I just can't relate to many of them, even though theres a few that are right around my age. I also don't identify with millennials very well either so that's part of it. There's  still the William Byrons and Cole Custers out there with the personality of a wet noodle which is a big eye roll to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm more like him than the younger more casual fans, and I'm not as big of a Die hard as I used to be. Maybe it's because I grew up watching in the 90s when Dale Earnhardt was the man, Jeff Gordon was the man on fire and there was a lot more personality in the garage. Then Jimmie Johnson came along and started the trend of clean shaven corporate friendly guys. It's nice to see some of the personality coming back the last 2-3 years with the new group of young drivers but I just can't relate to many of them, even though theres a few that are right around my age. I also don't identify with millennials very well either so that's part of it. There's  still the William Byrons and Cole Custers out there with the personality of a wet noodle which is a big eye roll to me. 

The drivers themselves are no longer brand loyal either.   I think Earnhardt Sr. was probably the last generation of drivers who were fiercely brand loyal. 

 

Look at Chase Elliot.  You know he grew up in a diehard Ford family but he drives Chevys.   Michael Waltrip drove and owned Toyotas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, akirby said:

The drivers themselves are no longer brand loyal either.   I think Earnhardt Sr. was probably the last generation of drivers who were fiercely brand loyal. 

I would argue Junior actually. He only personally owns Chevys too AFAIK. I would make a case for Kyle Busch too. 

 

Oh you mean Chase Elliot who dreamed of owning a Chevy truck as a kid? :hysterical:

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I would argue Junior actually. He only personally owns Chevys too AFAIK. I would make a case for Kyle Busch too.

Yeah I can see that, but I don't think he was as outspoken about Chevy as his dad nor were a lot of his fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×