Special A/Z plan pricing on website not for all A/Z plan members

lowfatdog

I went out on Saturday fully intending to drive away in an f150 super crew 4 wheel drive. When I got there I was shocked to learn I did not qualify but for about $100 dollars more a month I could get that same vehicle.    On the front webpage of Ford.com there is a link that says "build for the Holidays" with a link that says view all offers. When you click on that there is a specific section for A/Z plan members to click on for their special discounts.  The offer was for an F150 XLT super crew 4 wheel drive (302a) for $139 with $2259 cash due at signing.  The fine print however says you have to be coming out of a ford RCL to qualify.  Is it really special pricing for all Ford A/Z plan members when you actually eliminate 80% of A/Z members by saying you have to be coming out of a Ford lease to qualify for the great saving?   But wait,  there's more!  I am coming out of a RCL Lease.  It is for a Lincoln though.  I always thought a RCL thru Ford was a "FORD RCL".   Since it's a RCL on a Lincoln (OWNED BY FORD) once again I do not qualify for the special offers.  It's frustrating enough just spending hours in a dealership to purchase a vehicle.  It's even more frustrating when you have to walk away.  

1 hour ago, lowfatdog said:

I went out on Saturday fully intending to drive away in an f150 super crew 4 wheel drive. When I got there I was shocked to learn I did not qualify but for about $100 dollars more a month I could get that same vehicle.    On the front webpage of Ford.com there is a link that says "build for the Holidays" with a link that says view all offers. When you click on that there is a specific section for A/Z plan members to click on for their special discounts.  The offer was for an F150 XLT super crew 4 wheel drive (302a) for $139 with $2259 cash due at signing.  The fine print however says you have to be coming out of a ford RCL to qualify.  Is it really special pricing for all Ford A/Z plan members when you actually eliminate 80% of A/Z members by saying you have to be coming out of a Ford lease to qualify for the great saving?   But wait,  there's more!  I am coming out of a RCL Lease.  It is for a Lincoln though.  I always thought a RCL thru Ford was a "FORD RCL".   Since it's a RCL on a Lincoln (OWNED BY FORD) once again I do not qualify for the special offers.  It's frustrating enough just spending hours in a dealership to purchase a vehicle.  It's even more frustrating when you have to walk away.  

You still get A/Z plan regular pricing which is significantly better than the public can negotiate.  Check with another dealership on the Ford/Lincoln thing - it’s possible your dealer just didn’t want your business.

3 hours ago, theoldwizard said:

IIRC, dealers retain the right to refuse A/X/Z plan on any "in stock" vehicle.

They didn't refuse the deal they said I didn't qualify for the deal.  I brought the issue to this section hoping to hear from from an executive as to why it was advertised on the website as deals for all A/Z members but then it really wasn't.   I was also hoping to get some insight as to not qualifying even though I was coming out of a red carpet lease from Ford.  It sounds like they have Lincoln rebates that you can qualify for if your coming out of a Ford RCL,   just not the other way around.  Again,  it's their right to do whatever they want,  I just want them to know how displeasing it is to spend hours in a dealership only to be told you don't qualify.  

But they could have just said you don't qualify as a way of refusing the deal.   Just saying that's always a possibility and why you should at least check with another dealer to be sure.   I do think sometimes those offers are specific as to brands and sometimes even certain models to qualify - that's not new.

You really should have checked up front to see if you were eligible for any program before spending hours in a dealership.

You will not get a response from an executive or any Ford employee (officially) on this forum, whether they read your post or not.

1 minute ago, lowfatdog said:

They didn't refuse the deal they said I didn't qualify for the deal.  I brought the issue to this section hoping to hear from from an executive as to why it was advertised on the website as deals for all A/Z members but then it really wasn't.   I was also hoping to get some insight as to not qualifying even though I was coming out of a red carpet lease from Ford.  It sounds like they have Lincoln rebates that you can qualify for if your coming out of a Ford RCL,   just not the other way around.  Again,  it's their right to do whatever they want,  I just want them to know how displeasing it is to spend hours in a dealership only to be told you don't qualify.  

Hi lowfat. A similar situation occurred when I was researching and shopping for my 2018 MKZ.  The incentives and rebates shown on the Lincoln website were confusing, because it showed the highest possible incentives, which like your situation, were Red Carpet Leases and return Red Carpet Leasers.  It isn't until you click a level or two deeper that you find the full disclosures and lower purchase incentives. Since I was purchasing, not leasing, I did not qualify for the RCL incentives. However, I did understand that upfront anyway.

In addition, there was also a $1,500 Incentive if you owned a vehicle manufactured by a competitor.  This being my fourth Lincoln, I jokingly pointed out to the Sales Manager at the Lincoln Dealership, "So I can get $1,500 off if I am coming from a competitor, but no reward for being a loyal Lincoln owner?" LOL So sometimes their marketing choices make no sense to us as buyers and owners.

As far as the Ford RCL's versus Lincoln RCL's: Whatever the rules are, the rules are. The incentive/rebate comes from Ford/Lincoln, so there is generally no reason for the Dealer to not make the sale if they wish to.  I would take the advice given above and stop by another Dealership to see if the first Dealer made a mistake and perhaps you do qualify, coming out of a Lincoln RCL.

I understand your frustration, but it is a matter of having to click and read the fine print.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

But they could have just said you don't qualify as a way of refusing the deal.   Just saying that's always a possibility and why you should at least check with another dealer to be sure.   I do think sometimes those offers are specific as to brands and sometimes even certain models to qualify - that's not new.

You really should have checked up front to see if you were eligible for any program before spending hours in a dealership.

You will not get a response from an executive or any Ford employee (officially) on this forum, whether they read your post or not.

To be clear,  I did check up front.  I did mention the day before (I called the dealership to setup an appt to come out) that I was coming out of a Lincoln lease.  She checked with a manager and they stated there should be no issue with it being a Lincoln rcl.  It was only after being there for some time the issue was realized.  

21 minutes ago, lowfatdog said:

To be clear,  I did check up front.  I did mention the day before (I called the dealership to setup an appt to come out) that I was coming out of a Lincoln lease.  She checked with a manager and they stated there should be no issue with it being a Lincoln rcl.  It was only after being there for some time the issue was realized.  

Well that’s on the dealership then for giving you bad information.   You still need to either call Ford directly and confirm or at least check with another dealership (and have them put it in the system to be sure).

The actual advertisement on the webpage  says "A/Z return lessees".  Nothing about Ford only (not Lincoln) A/Z returning lessees until you see the fine print.  It's just a bummer it worked out like this.  I still have over a week to decide on manufacturers.  We've Only had Ford and Lincolns our whole lives (except for once).  A total of 8 or so new vehicles.  Frustrating anyways to say the least.  

5 hours ago, theoldwizard said:

IIRC, dealers retain the right to refuse A/X/Z plan on any "in stock" vehicle.

So what's the difference between the special offer and normal A/Z plan pricing?  Normally there wouldn't be a huge difference in the actual payment.

Also - this is a good lesson for anyone expecting a specific discount or rebate.  Have your dealer run the VIN number and your personal info through Vincent to verify eligibility.