You can now order brand new production OG Ford Bronco

I love the idea and timing is perfect. But the pricing is all wrong. I'm not saying don't offer the perfection version, but there's very few who will pay six figures for an off road toy. That's investment level money for most folks and not something you'd ever drive outside of a tightly controlled environment.

A supercharged coyote? It may just be me, but 700 hp in an early bronco chassis sounds like straight up suicide.

A better approach would be the one the reproduction Shelby cobras use. A DIY chassis/body kit priced at about $20k-$25k where the builder supplies the powertrain separately. Of course offer one or two complete powertrain options, but give the builder opportunity to use whatever they want and also save some money with a used engine. Any of the modern V6s would be ample power to enjoy an early bronco and are available cheap in the salvage market. It would also allow using an original EB powertrain if desired.

Then for those who don't want to build, offer a completed kit for $50k.

At $120,000+, I don't see them selling more than a couple dozen / year.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

You guys are missing the point - these are custom built vehicles from the ground up that just happen to look like a Bronco.  They probably can’t make more than 12 per year.  They’re a restoration shop that’s doing this on the side, not a volume car mfr.   So if I could only make/sell 12 per year and I could get that kind of money for them you better believe that’s what I’d be doing.

You guys act like businesses exist only to meet your needs as a consumer.

No, I get what they're doing. But at such limited numbers and crazy prices, I don't understand all the fanfare and buzz about being licensed by Ford. At 12/year it may as well not exist. That's barely enough to even bother with forming an owners club.

I'd like to see someone like Factory Five do an Early Bronco. There's definitely a market for that right now. People love Early Broncos but it'd be nice if there was a way to get one without starting with a rusted out pile of scrap.

3 hours ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

At 12/year it may as well not exist. That's barely enough to even bother with forming an owners club.

Let’s say conservatively they make $30K profit on each one.   That’s $360K profit every year.  How can you possibly say it may as well not exist?

It doesn’t exist for the average Bronco fan.  It exists for a select few Bronco fans who have the cash to pay for it and it exists to put food on the table of the company’s owner and employees.   Geez.....

I wonder how they are doing this legally.  A license from Ford solves patent/copyright issues, but when about safety and emissions?  These could be considered rebuilds of existing Bronco's if the have VIN's, or are they off-road vehicles that can't be registered for highway use?  Interesting.  

11 hours ago, akirby said:

You guys are missing the point - these are custom built vehicles from the ground up that just happen to look like a Bronco.  They probably can’t make more than 12 per year.  They’re a restoration shop that’s doing this on the side, not a volume car mfr.   So if I could only make/sell 12 per year and I could get that kind of money for them you better believe that’s what I’d be doing.

You guys act like businesses exist only to meet your needs as a consumer.

Pretty much this..,as a consumer you can always go elsewhere to buy....120k is not really crazy cash.....guys are sinking huge money into restoring heeps and scouts as well...persobally i would source a JK Recon and modify that to suit your tastes...but i get the allure of classic old iron as well...if that 120k can strip blouses off chicks than it may be worth it to you

6 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

I wonder how they are doing this legally.  A license from Ford solves patent/copyright issues, but when about safety and emissions?  These could be considered rebuilds of existing Bronco's if the have VIN's, or are they off-road vehicles that can't be registered for highway use?  Interesting.  

Most states have provisions in the law for replicas. That's how the cobra kit cars work. Although on those they're titled as a "home built" 1965 and the kit is just considered parts like any other auto parts you buy. It's a little confusing but obviously there's a way.

4 hours ago, probowler said:

Imagine being such a tool, that you get mad at people for wishing they could afford something, and wishing that someone could make said commodity at an affordable price ?‍♂️

Imagine being warned by the moderator for personal attacks.

Wanting someone to build cheaper kit car type Broncos is perfectly fine but that’s not at all what I was responding about.  I was responding to the notion that only building 12/year was worthless.   

Have you seen the auction prices for restored originals? They're creeping into the $40's now. Not saying they are all worth that kind of money but interest and demand are obviously high right now. I bought my '75 about ten years ago for $7500 and thought I was paying too much then. Now I'm glad I bought it at that price. 

28 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Have you seen the auction prices for restored originals? They're creeping into the $40's now. Not saying they are all worth that kind of money but interest and demand are obviously high right now. I bought my '75 about ten years ago for $7500 and thought I was paying too much then. Now I'm glad I bought it at that price. 

I see this much like the Jeep Grand Wagooner-they can go for some stupid money also. I wonder how much of a dent the new Bronco and a lesser extent the Maverick will have on classic Bronco pricing, since the "want" demand is going to be met by a brand new vehicle that has modern amentintes. 

On 12/10/2018 at 7:29 AM, silvrsvt said:

I see this much like the Jeep Grand Wagooner-they can go for some stupid money also. I wonder how much of a dent the new Bronco and a lesser extent the Maverick will have on classic Bronco pricing, since the "want" demand is going to be met by a brand new vehicle that has modern amentintes. 

I think those are two different markets. Someone who wants an early Bronco doesn't necessarily want all the modern amenities and the person who wants a new Bronco might not be happy with the rough edges of an EB. You could say the same thing about classic vs new Mustangs. There is still a market for both.