New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

fuzzymoomoo

FCA opening new assembly plant?

Whether or not this proves to be true, I must admit I’m impressed with FCA’s progress. When they started dumping their cars I really thought they were on the ropes, but it appears they were more forward thinking than I thought.  Old Sergio wasn’t crazy after all. 

First new detroit assembly in 28 years?????....new wagonner in 2021....extended cherokee soon.....FCA is no joke....right now they are doing much right...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2018/12/06/fca-detroit-assembly-plant-suv/2230555002/

Mack Engine II being refit to build 3 row Jeep Grand Cherokees 

Remember FCA had to kill Dart and 200 to make space.  FCA still has an under-utilized Brampton Ontario plant building Challengers, Chargers, and 300s, ideally I think they should move production there and get rid of the sedans. 

On 12/6/2018 at 5:28 PM, tbone said:

Whether or not this proves to be true, I must admit I’m impressed with FCA’s progress. When they started dumping their cars I really thought they were on the ropes, but it appears they were more forward thinking than I thought.  Old Sergio wasn’t crazy after all. 

Yeah, they could leave the cars that nobody buys to Fiat...;)

On 12/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, tbone said:

FCA being ahead of the curve?

the good news is global warming should be in full retreat soon, what with hell freezing over and all. 

Edited by blazerdude20

While I am not an FCA fan boy, I am glad they are doing well enough to build / renovate a plant in Detroit creating more jobs....that is great news for the American working class in that area.

6 hours ago, twintornados said:

While I am not an FCA fan boy, I am glad they are doing well enough to build / renovate a plant in Detroit creating more jobs....that is great news for the American working class in that area.

Agreed.