FCA opening new assembly plant?

fuzzymoomoo

Whether or not this proves to be true, I must admit I’m impressed with FCA’s progress. When they started dumping their cars I really thought they were on the ropes, but it appears they were more forward thinking than I thought.  Old Sergio wasn’t crazy after all. 

On 12/6/2018 at 5:28 PM, tbone said:

Whether or not this proves to be true, I must admit I’m impressed with FCA’s progress. When they started dumping their cars I really thought they were on the ropes, but it appears they were more forward thinking than I thought.  Old Sergio wasn’t crazy after all. 

Yeah, they could leave the cars that nobody buys to Fiat...;)

On 12/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, tbone said:

FCA being ahead of the curve?

the good news is global warming should be in full retreat soon, what with hell freezing over and all. 

Edited by blazerdude20
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Jeep is adding a 2nd assembly plant (Mack Ave) for Jeep Grand Cherokee which will cost $1.6 billion.

The existing plant (Jefferson North) is getting a $900 million update... so Jeep is being very bullish on how many Grand Cherokee it can sell.

Also, news today also confirms Durango will be back (and still sharing platform with Grand Cherokee).

FCA is doing a good job. I did not understand why to separate the trucks from the Dodge brand, creating the RAM brand. Now I see why. The cars are discontinued, even the Dodge minivans no longer exist. I think it's a matter of time for the Dodge brand to disappear. The only thing worth doing there is the Challenger, which can be marketed by Chrysler. It could also be that what disappears is Chrysler as a brand, although I see it more difficult. It is  who gives the company its name. My prediction is that Dodge disappears and Chrysler will sell the equivalent of the Challenger and some other Minivan and SUV. RAM will have a medium-sized truck and, perhaps, a small one, in addition to SUVs. Jeep will continue to grow up (Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer and some other) and down (subcompacts crossovers).

Marchionne was a genious. He saved Chrysler!

4 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

FCA is doing a good job. I did not understand why to separate the trucks from the Dodge brand, creating the RAM brand. Now I see why. The cars are discontinued, even the Dodge minivans no longer exist. I think it's a matter of time for the Dodge brand to disappear. The only thing worth doing there is the Challenger, which can be marketed by Chrysler. It could also be that what disappears is Chrysler as a brand, although I see it more difficult. It is  who gives the company its name. My prediction is that Dodge disappears and Chrysler will sell the equivalent of the Challenger and some other Minivan and SUV. RAM will have a medium-sized truck and, perhaps, a small one, in addition to SUVs. Jeep will continue to grow up (Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer and some other) and down (subcompacts crossovers).

Marchionne was a genious. He saved Chrysler!

You may see Chrysler Charger and Chrysler Challenger unless FCA comes up with a new marquee for the remaining sedans...or just slap some cladding on 'em, jack 'em up and call 'em Jeeps....

Image result for Dodge Challenger lifted

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dodge will live on. According to the FCA plan, Dodge will be the only car brand. There will be the Charger, Challenger, and a smaller car, plus the Durango(2-row CUV). Chrysler will have the Pacifica, an EV van, a CUV to replace the Dodge Journey, and a 3-row CUV to replace the 300. All of the aforementioned CUVs will be more conventional or carlike as opposed to the more "rugged" Jeep CUVs. Of course, this is FCA, where 5 year plans are written on whiteboards, so this could change tomorrow...or even later today.

10 hours ago, AGR said:

Dodge will live on. According to the FCA plan, Dodge will be the only car brand. There will be the Charger, Challenger, and a smaller car, plus the Durango(2-row CUV). Chrysler will have the Pacifica, an EV van, a CUV to replace the Dodge Journey, and a 3-row CUV to replace the 300. All of the aforementioned CUVs will be more conventional or carlike as opposed to the more "rugged" Jeep CUVs. Of course, this is FCA, where 5 year plans are written on whiteboards, so this could change tomorrow...or even later today.

...it probably has already changed 5 minutes after you wrote this.

11 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The GC is already a unibody SUV/CUV....

All of the Grand Cherokees, as well as the XJ Cherokee/Wagoneer are unibodies, but the suspensions and running gear are light truck grade. So they're a bit of a hybrid.  I consider them to be SUVs. But the forthcoming version will clearly be a CUV.

Edited by AGR

"FCA" term has caught on, but if they stop importing Fiats, and drop Chrysler vehicles, will be odd to still be call "Fiat Chrysler Automobiles". It could then mean "Former Chrysler Association".

Maybe just call the whole thing "Jeep LLC" or "Jeep-Ram Trucks", since the word 'truck' means 'big profits' these days.

• Haha 1