Police suv cockpit

So ford said first rate driver area. The ford police suv are the most uncomfortable vehicles. I’m 6’2 210 and everytime I work a shift in these things my back and hip hurts. Does anyone else have this problem. If the vehicle was more comfortable I would like the vehicle 100% but this is a big problem. When will they fix the problem. 

Edited by Scott526

1 hour ago, Scott526 said:

So ford said first rate driver area. The ford police suv are the most uncomfortable vehicles. I’m 6’2 210 and everytime I work a shift in these things my back and hip hurts. Does anyone else have this problem. If the vehicle was more comfortable I would like the vehicle 100% but this is a big problem. When will they fix the problem. 

I’ve been in all of the police vehicles and the Explorer is the best of the current vehicles if you’re wearing full kit in my opinion. That doesn’t mean it’s perfect though. As far as I’m concerned, If you want real room, you have to go all the way back to the Crown Vic. 

What’s uncomfortable about it? I’m roughly your size and have found my dads explorer platinum quite comfortable, however I’m not sitting in it for an 8 hr shift everyday with gear on either. I’d imagine my back would hurt after sitting in any vehicle that long lol

3 hours ago, Scott526 said:

I agree the Vic was good. The charger was great. The suv sucks. I hope ur right twintornado about 2020. But it might take me another year to retire my vehicle. 

I wouldn’t call the Charger great unless you have the slight build of a tweaker. I’m 6’1”/200 and with my duty belt on I feel sandwiched between the door and equipment console. Every day I regret giving up my ‘06 Interceptor for this car in ‘14. 

15 hours ago, Scott526 said:

So ford said first rate driver area. The ford police suv are the most uncomfortable vehicles. I’m 6’2 210 and everytime I work a shift in these things my back and hip hurts. Does anyone else have this problem.

My son-in-law is a LEO.  He says the current Police Utility is the most comfortable vehicle in their fleet.  He is 6'3" and about the same weight.

13 hours ago, T-dubz said:

What’s uncomfortable about it? I’m roughly your size and have found my dads explorer platinum quite comfortable, however I’m not sitting in it for an 8 hr shift everyday with gear on either. I’d imagine my back would hurt after sitting in any vehicle that long lol

My back feels fine after 8 hours in the passenger seat of this '15 Transit 350. My knees don't feel the same way about it, though.

It's not going to be fixed on the current gen.  That's based on an old Volvo platform and was there for structural reasons.

The new CD6 based RWD Explorer should be much improved.  But I don't think anyone from the Forum has personally sat in one to say the foot area is much improved.  But Ford has been responsive to the LEO's in fixing what it can.