2020 Explorer Interior Pics

That is the Platinum and I don't see the vertical Sync4 screen so I'm concerned about that.  2020 Explorer was suppose to get it.  Damn!  Maybe it's only in the PHEV, but that would be a waste.  I know the Mach-E is getting a larger version.

Otherwise I really like it, glad to see the Lincoln sourced full LCD IP. 

I would certainly consider that as my Lincoln replacement, assuming Aviator pricing is out of step with what I want to spend.  That grille is starting to wear out it's welcome however, haha.  

Edited by Assimilator

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It looks like a GM interior if you ask me.

Maybe the vertical screen is a package option even on Platinum?

Looks more Honda than GM to me.  But I like it.

I think Borg was right and we'll only see the vertical screen on the hybrid model.

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Doesn't look bad-I think the biggest reason it might look like crap is that it doesn't have final trim on it. I'm pretty sure the vents won't be grey plastic and it looks like its missing a trim pieces. 

Yeah, that would help I'm sure.

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

Looks more Honda than GM to me.  But I like it.

I think Borg was right and we'll only see the vertical screen on the hybrid model.

Seems like kind of a waste if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, that would help I'm sure.

Seems like kind of a waste if you ask me.

I think the advantage is you can have both the normal sync 3 screen (which I assume would have hybrid information as well) AND carplay/android auto displayed at the same time. 

The problem is that the US is not suppose to get the PHEV Explorer, only the export markets.

The vertical display was also suppose to go into the next F-150 and so-on so maybe it's coming later, but that's not the info I had.  My interest in Explorer is heavily tied to that Sync4 screen being available which offered a split-screen mode for CarPlay/Android Auto.  The weirdness of the pocket design under the display suggests they are planning for it, but I just assume that's exactly where they want the wireless charging pad to be.  

Edited by Assimilator

I like the interior, but it doesn’t seem like this is a luxury interior. This looks at home on an xlt. Maybe it’s because this style of interior seems to be popular on every compact car out there now but it just doesn’t seem that luxurious. 

Not to mention that the screen looks tiny being sandwiched between the air vents.

1 hour ago, Assimilator said:

The problem is that the US is not suppose to get the PHEV Explorer, only the export markets.

The vertical display was also suppose to go into the next F-150 and so-on so maybe it's coming later, but that's not the info I had.  My interest in Explorer is heavily tied to that Sync4 screen being available which offered a split-screen mode for CarPlay/Android Auto.  The weirdness of the pocket design under the display suggests they are planning for it, but I just assume that's exactly where they want the wireless charging pad to be.  

Vertical display like the 2019 Kuga in China?

1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChcCRFvQhtSAI3

1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEnlvQhoqAIi

1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChcCSFvQhoKAcg

1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__ChsEflvQhoaAEq

Edited by bzcat

17 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

No, not like that Kuga, must be an aftermarket job.

It's not aftermarket. Kuga is the first Ford worldwide to receive the 10" vertical screen. Ford China made a big deal about it being the first in the world to have this feature that will roll out in other Ford regions. The 10" screen is standard on their version of SEL and Titanium. Their version of SE still has the 8" horizontal screen.

https://www.ford.com.cn/suvs/kuga/features/smart/

https://www.ford.com.cn/suvs/kuga/gallery/#

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Does this conflict with the announcement that all future crossovers and SUV's would get some form of electrification? Or is the Explorer only going to be available as a hybrid?

Explorer is also getting a 3.3L V6 HEV for the US market.

Not all utilities are getting HEVs however, that includes the CX430 (Maverick).  

Edited by Assimilator

6 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Oh Wow, I didn't even know this!   It actually has some of the same UI elements with the HVAC controls at the bottom of the screen.  

Yes, I think the 10" vertical screen and whatever version of SYNC the Chinese Kuga is running will be rolled out to the US next year. Obviously on all new models, it will be better integrated... the Kuga situation is weird because Ford is really desperate to stop the sales free fall in China so they rushed this out to market with an retrofit.

Edited by bzcat

4 hours ago, Assimilator said:

That is the Platinum and I don't see the vertical Sync4 screen so I'm concerned about that.  2020 Explorer was suppose to get it.  Damn!  Maybe it's only in the PHEV, but that would be a waste.  I know the Mach-E is getting a larger version.

Otherwise I really like it, glad to see the Lincoln sourced full LCD IP. 

I would certainly consider that as my Lincoln replacement, assuming Aviator pricing is out of step with what I want to spend.  That grille is starting to wear out it's welcome however, haha.  

https://carbuzz.com/news/2020-ford-explorer-engines-exposed-what-s-under-the-hood

This article has an interior pic of the 2020 Explorer testing with the large vertical screen but this is from August last year. I'm hoping for at least one of the trim to offer this infotainment screen, it looks very impressive.

• Like 1