2020 Silverado HD

fuzzymoomoo

I actually think the 2017 SuperDuty is the first time it's ever looked good.  I know I'm a minority opinion but I generally like the new GM truck designs, including the HD.   

2020-chevy-silverado-hd-1.jpg

The 2020 SuperDuty is also getting an update, primarily with the new 7.3L V8 and transmissions.  The visual changes are very small despite the heavy Camo. 

Edited by Assimilator

47 minutes ago, twintornados said:

This??

[Picture deleted so we don't have to see  it again]

Or, this..
Related image

I prefer the latter, but then again...I am a Ford fan so there is always that...

I'm not a huge fan of the 2017+ Super Duty front end (even though I own one), but it looks google times better than the Silverado HD's.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, twintornados said:

This??

ioiy9sfpuwb7azolvtr3.jpg

Yikes, I hadn't seen a head-on view.  That looks bad.

50 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I actually think the 2017 SuperDuty is the first time it's ever looked good.  I know I'm a minority opinion but I generally like the new GM truck designs, including the HD.   

2020-chevy-silverado-hd-1.jpg

The 2020 SuperDuty is also getting an update, primarily with the new 7.3L V8 and transmissions.  The visual changes are very small despite the heavy Camo. 

Yuck.  There are some redeeming attributes in the 1500, but this.....eek.  It looks better in 3/4 view than straight on.

Those mirrors/mirror attachment look absolutely terrible.  It looks like some sort of ill-fitting aftermarket setup.

I do think the bed step is a nice idea, though, as with the bumper corner steps, they look ugly.

What's really interesting about the GM trucks is that Silverado, Sierra, and the HDs all have unique body work.  So essentially there are 3 (or 4 with the Sierra HD) truck designs in which the only thing they share is the roof stamping.  Ford once did this with the 1998 SuperDuty but returned to shared sheetmetal in 2017. 

Edited by Assimilator

I guess the good thing about the F-Series is that the design is very utilitarian, it's very industrial and generally uncontroversial.  RAM and GM are taking a more progressive and trendy approaches to design, more surfacing and details which tend to polarize biased truck buyers already.  It's hard to be offended by Ford, it's largely a blank slate for personalization through different trim levels and fascias.  I could easily see Ford using the current truck body design for 12-15 years.

Edited by Assimilator

There are 3 brand new Ford Super Duties on one street in my neighborhood. One guy bought one and the rest followed.  They are everywhere down here.  These are 2018’s and the grills look different, better maybe.  They are mostly large boat pullers. 

Edited by barney9014

1 hour ago, Assimilator said:

I guess the good thing about the F-Series is that the design is very utilitarian, it's very industrial and generally uncontroversial.  RAM and GM are taking a more progressive and trendy approaches to design, more surfacing and details which tend to polarize biased truck buyers already.  It's hard to be offended by Ford, it's largely a blank slate for personalization through different trim levels and fascias.  I could easily see Ford using the current truck body design for 12-15 years.

You have to wonder what the planned lifecycle is of the GM and Ram products... many of the more extreme design elements, especially in the case of the Chevrolet, are tooled-in and one would think that they will survive any planned MCE's. 

The slant towards conservatism in the hardpoints of Ford's design makes MCE's and other updates much more realistic. 

35 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Ford could probably use a better High-Trim variant.  I think this is where Ford is probably weaker, especially against GMC and Denali.  Timberline is debuting with the 2020 SuperDuty but it should be their signature high-trim model.  

How is Ford's highest trim - Limited - any "weaker" than GMC/Denali?

There is Limited and Platinum, neither of which has the brand equity or exclusivity of Denali, partly because they are common words used elsewhere so it's hard to define a sub brand like you can with Denali. And having two certainly makes it more confusing.  

Edited by Assimilator