Ranger sales estimate

On 12/7/2018 at 6:10 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's also a few laws that have now been replaced or repealed that the Wrangler is grandfathered to because it's been in production so long, laws that used to apply to the Bronco as well. I have an engineer friend who works for Roush's FCA department who explained it to me once but the details are kind of fuzzy. 

Because of that grandfather clause and the name continuity that is no longer there for the Bronco there is going to be some people disappointed in how the roof of the Bronco works. 

Isn't Bronco getting that multi-sunroof roof?  With mini opening sunroofs over each seat?  That we saw in that patent?

So I guess that means Bronco won't have removable doors either?

22 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Isn't Bronco getting that multi-sunroof roof?  With mini opening sunroofs over each seat?  That we saw in that patent?

So I guess that means Bronco won't have removable doors either?

I will neither confirm nor deny anything else at this point. I've probably said too much as it is. 

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ugh you SOB! Baiting me into this!

That is not what the Bronco is getting, at least the version that I saw. I won't rule it out in some form just in case.  I think the Maverick might get it for sure though. 

I only got it so quickly because I still had it on imgur from when I posted it before.

Hm.  Interesting...

Seriously, there's gotta be a way to make the roof removeable if they designed it that way from the start. Incorporate some nice, strong roll bars. Hide them or make them look presentable. Put the third taillight onto the tire carrier, or a combination, one on the outer roof, one one on the roll bar... and i think that's it for requirements?

It just has to be able to hold up to those crash scores then.  Which is probably harder than i make it sound... but this is what those design boys are paid for!

If convertibles can be made today with no solid roof, why the heck can't modern day jeeps and broncos stay the convertible course?

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1