CAP retool/upgrading March 1st- April fools

Ididntdoit

3 minutes ago, Decker said:

Thanks Fuzzy, I remember when you were doing the this plant, that plant stuff and wasn`t sure how long the LTS lasted.

Here at CAP members went years without becoming full time and now we have members that can`t find much benefits with entry level or in progression status. Oh you can put a bid on a posting but all entry level or in progression get is to work in an area or on an operation but that's where it drops off because there`s no increase in pay and they keep their entry level or in progression classification while doing a designated or undesignated operation.

I`m really wondering how the company and IUAW ever thought having so many people with the same classification was going to work out. Then there can be 100 or 125 entry level people roll into the in progression classification all with the same classification and seniority date.  If there ever happens to be a reduction in force that will get real interesting for sure.  

They'll go by SSN if it comes down to that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

Sorry Deck I thought you still were a Barg rep. At least your job has less stress now!!!

NP Cecil, the less stress comes from not having to deal with the political ego`s. Also not caring if those in office like what I respond to members issues with or not. Then seeing the faces of the political cronies  when they have their hook all baited up and I say with a straight face, I really don`t give a shit what this one or that one is or isn`t doing. I guess the best part of not being a politician is when a member that has had more FMLA that`s legally possible and/or at least one 30 DLO for attendance walks back in the plant and starts bitching and whining to everyone and then says "hey decker, I only got 40 hours vacation or why was my profit sharing check only …." I get to say the same thing as when I was in office " bring your sorry ass into work, deal with the same bullshit everyone else has to and dam you`ll get all your vacation time and maybe get a nice profit sharing check."

One thing though Cecil, unfortunately retirement incentives become less and less attractive to the company with ever lower tiered member hired in. 

I would think retirement incentives would be more attractive to Ford especially when new hires make much less plus less benefits. I agree most of the time the people doing the most complaining about the Union or Reps are the ones who are constantly out on medical or just hardly ever come to work LOl

1 hour ago, cecilmeyer said:

I would think retirement incentives would be more attractive to Ford especially when new hires make much less plus less benefits. I agree most of the time the people doing the most complaining about the Union or Reps are the ones who are constantly out on medical or just hardly ever come to work LOl

Retirement Incentives and buyouts will all come down to Ford`s manpower requirements.Its possible that only certain classifications of employee will be eligible for buyouts.Before higher seniority employees start jumping for joy at the very idea of buyouts remember the 500 pound elephant in the room-VEBA.Will VEBA be fully funded in the new contract?ACA is expensive.Medicare is where we all eventually end up anyways and it is a bargain compared to the ACA if you are a paying participant.Ford seems to be well managed right now as far as supply and demand goes.At least Ford is not being caught with its pants down like GM.If you want to be offered a buyout then submit a resolution to the national contract.That is what I will be doing.A guy can dream,cant he?

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought basically paid the UAW to take retiree medical coverage off of their books. As far as certain classifications my money is on labor pool not skilled trades being offered buyouts. I was hoping to be offered something before the contract with people being laid off I am hoping they want to make room for someone who makes a lot less than me!!

20 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

The new people better hope not with the new contract their sub will run out fast.

SUB is different for different seniority levels. One for One - "one benefit check to one Sub credit" takes higher seniority then a One for five or One for more, for lesser seniority levels.

Yep Fuzzy SUB kicks in 100% for waiting weeks and when unemployment runs out. But, here at CAP the past administrations screwed over the membership by saying SUB is only paid if you get unemployment and nothing was coded to activate SUB for the waiting week. One can only wonder what the company did in return for that helping hand...ahhh the 551 historical track record of deal makers. But, yep another But, unlike Michigan and other states where state unemployment records triggered SUB benefits CAP members waited and waited for SUB benefits until the members got unemployment checks to show the stub, sign the form and then wait for the SUB check. I know Michigan Unemployment has its unemployment nightmares but try putting those nightmares at the end of two extra wait for it, wait for it situations. I`m not sure if CAP has jumped into the 21 century yet, but that would help morale if so.

One thing in CAP`s favor is the fact we can`t make enough of the current models, so it is a major push to get shit done to turn that money maker back on. Right, wrong, correct or half assed turn that money line on!!!! LEFT TURNS ONLY!!!! (the lots will be empty, we`ll get to those repairs... eventually)

• 2 months later...