Hyundai Palisade

T-dubz

I hate the headlights in the bumper corners trend companies are going with these days - especially Hyundai/Kia on EVERY new product.  It looks terrible.

The trim inside the headlights looks odd.  Fuzzy nailed it with the Mini Countryman look.

The interior does look nice, though.

• Like 1

Hyundai just showed GMC how much better their "professional grade" design language could be implemented. Wow. 

Aside from some clunkyness in the front end, this is solid. 

I always found it odd that after the failure of the VeraCruz, Hyundai didn't make another attempt at such a lucrative segment.  

13 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Hyundai just showed GMC how much better their "professional grade" design language could be implemented. Wow. 

Aside from some clunkyness in the front end, this is solid. 

I always found it odd that after the failure of the VeraCruz, Hyundai didn't make another attempt at such a lucrative segment.  

Yeah, I don't mind the design aside from the front end.

I don’t like the front design at all. Kind of feels like the Lexus predator design where the front end looks like it juts out from certain angles, which I despise.  

I also had some Kia rentals recently and the quality felt subpar compared to my Ford Vehicles. The Sorento had what I felt was a dangerous lag when you hit the gas, followed by a sketchy surge. I stopped driving that vehicle because of it. 

3 minutes ago, tbone said:

I don’t like the front design at all. Kind of feels like the Lexus predator design where the front end looks like it juts out from certain angles, which I despise.  

I also had some Kia rentals recently and the quality felt subpar compared to my Ford Vehicles. The Sorento had what I felt was a dangerous lag when you hit the gas, followed by a sketchy surge. I stopped driving that vehicle because of it. 

The Tucson we had was the exact same way.  It's like 3" of pedal travel, then all of the sudden WHAM!  Very strange feeling.  Oh, and it's amazing how the weight of the doors imparts a feel of quality.  I closed the door on the Tucson with 1 finger and tiny pressure.  Then I had to get something out of my track.  I felt like a body builder lifting weights closing that (aluminum) door on my truck.  Huge difference.

3 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

The Tucson we had was the exact same way.  It's like 3" of pedal travel, then all of the sudden WHAM!  Very strange feeling.  Oh, and it's amazing how the weight of the doors imparts a feel of quality.  I closed the door on the Tucson with 1 finger and tiny pressure.  Then I had to get something out of my track.  I felt like a body builder lifting weights closing that (aluminum) door on my truck.  Huge difference.

I do love the sound when you close the door on our trucks. It sounds like you closed the door on an armored vehicle. 

• Like 1

Bought my wife a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited (AWD) a year and a half ago. It currently has 20,000 miles on it. It's been a great vehicle.  It was thousands less than anything comparable. And the wife and I could afford any vehicle in it's class.

MSRP $38,000.00 and the transaction price wasn't any where close to that.

Yea-there are some hard plastics in the cabin at places where they probably should be soft. But at the price point I could care less.

Unfortunately-the Palisade's dimensions are too big to fit next to  my truck in the garage. But next time we won't need a seven seater either.

Edited by CKNSLS

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 3:37 AM, sullynd said:

My sister just bought a new Santa Fe (latest model).  It’s a pretty nice vehicle - stacks up well against my Edge. 

Yeap, it's pretty good. Hyundai this year has a several nice SUVs. I also like Hyundai Creta 2018. its looks great. 

I occasionally get Kia Soul rentals and have always loved them.  Kia's are surprisingly fun to drive and they certainly know how to keep that small car business churning better than Ford at this point.  Ford hasn't been free to innovate on small cars because they are stuck with an aging formula in an effort to service an existing customer which ultimately doomed them in the US.   

As awesome as Explorer promises to be for critics, I can't help but recognize that the Palisade looks like it targets the market better by offering more space. It's also similarly distinctive, I think it's going to be an unexpeced success story.  

Edited by Assimilator