2020 Lincoln Aviator Debuts

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

The silhouette and interior on this thing are world-class.  Something still looks off / weird about the front-end grille area, but I can't put my finger on it (especially the Grand Touring hybrid pictured in silver above).  I'll chalk it up to weird camera angles / color combos.

I was thinking the same thing-its not ugly, just something isn't right with it

Think I have it figured out-the lighting/shadowing make the outline (body colored portion) around the grill seem like its sticking out too promonently, like its sucking an onion or somthing.I'm going to assume it doesn't look like that in person or most lightling situations. 

Edited by silvrsvt

The front-end is weird. I don't know if I like that chrome inside the headlights. The interior is a significant evolution and is at the level of the Germans. Motorization is the best part of the Aviator. For me, a car with Nautilus front end  and Aviator interior would be the ideal

Oh yeah-20+ years (been here since it was known as Ford news or whatever-remember the lawsuit Ford had with Robert) and we finally have the GRWD platform after so many rumors-just not as what we expected. 

Does anyone have details on the actual platform? Is it a modified S197 or CD4 or the two mashed together? 

I love that blue/green color.  I like the wheels on the white one a lot better than the turbine wheels. 

I bet Motor Trend, Car and Driver and the other publications are racking their brains to find something bad to say about it.

Two things they can’t say is that it’s underpowered or that it’s on a cheap Ford platform.

I don’t think it’s lacking any features vs. the competition either.

My buddy at Ford said the were “all in” on Aviator and it sounds like they nailed it.

• Like 2

We argued for a while whether they should've made a CD4 Aviator, but I think they did it right here - they waited to have an "all out" model instead of a hodge-podge type model that would've been criticized from the get-go.  I think it's going to be hard for critics to find much wrong with this car.

looks great in the photos at least, but Im apprehensive , because the continental also looked great....then I saw it in the flesh...HOLY CHROME EVERYTHING BATMAN ! the need to chrome outline every interior feature, IMO was complete overkill...…...

The problem with Continental is that it lacks those exotic proportions and the core design details were mundane.  I think people would feel better about Continental if it was successful, like most things.  Continental only stands out if you spend on the best model, then the wheels, colors, finishes work better with the minimal design.  That might be the case with Aviator, but you can't take that striking silhouette away from it.

I also think the grille looks a little small in many angles, the front end has a puckered look to it.  I would probably prefer a grille that was a bit wider and thinner, or just scaled up maybe 10%.  

I know I've talked about this for awhile now so I take it for granted, but that in-transmission Hybrid Design debuting here is Ford's electrification strategy, it's a REALLY big deal.  You're going to see this mated to every RWD Ford product.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 2