Announcement at LAP

Louisville Lauren

35 minutes ago, 2seater said:

They're talking about when they hired in I think as a cut off date, whether or not they know what they are talking about or not........ I guess we'll see Thursday ?

Yep. There were around 250 people hired in March 2012. So the cut line could fall anywhere in there. But as always take info with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ford doesn't have the same problem GM has where they have way more plants than they need. 

That is completely the point, GM has to reduce their plants just as Ford did a few years back. It is still in GM`s favor because of the contract going belly up in a few months...

Just now, Decker said:

That is completely the point, GM has to reduce their plants just as Ford did a few years back. It is still in GM`s favor because of the contract going belly up in a few months...

I said that in the other thread I created. GM didn't eliminate enough plants during the bankruptcy. Yesterday's announcement was inevitable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh cool, they’re going to play games with overtime rules at your plant too eh?

That was a standard work schedule for LAP before 3 crews started. Back in the 90s and early 2000s LAP always worked five 10 hr days and Saturday’s when they needed. There were years where every other Saturday was worked and sometimes 2 out of every 3. Personally I think 3 crews is bad business. It basically leaves no room to cut back without laying people off. 2 crews with tag relief always made more sense to me. But I’m just an assembler. 

17 hours ago, Ihatemyjob77 said:

That was a standard work schedule for LAP before 3 crews started. Back in the 90s and early 2000s LAP always worked five 10 hr days and Saturday’s when they needed. There were years where every other Saturday was worked and sometimes 2 out of every 3. Personally I think 3 crews is bad business. It basically leaves no room to cut back without laying people off. 2 crews with tag relief always made more sense to me. But I’m just an assembler. 

I'm with ya there, the contracts aren't written for the C crew scenario. 

• Like 1