Announcement at LAP

Louisville Lauren

3 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Well who really knows, but union reps AND building chairman even though they say they don't know specifics are all saying  it looks like C crew is gone. Guess we'll see tomorrow.....maybe....who knows

They're lying. They said the same thing to us when MAP lost our C-crew. The local newspapers found out about it before the company told us and our plant chairman the next day released a memo saying he'd been in talks with the company about it for weeks.

That said, I'm currently working building your floor pans here at MAP north body and we aren't going anywhere right now. 

The announcement tomorrow has to be related to the new escape coming next year. 

• Like 1

Oh I don't think the plant is closing at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose c crew......And no I don't believe for a minute that the BC doesn't know what's going on. As far as anything being announced tomorrow, its just a rumor at this point. A strong one, but still just just a rumor. Have to wait & see.

Edited by 2seater
add

Escape sales are down quite a bit this year so it's possible they are just cutting a shift?  It looks like Ford is having a hard time with Escape profitability, it went through an aggresive cost diet less than a year before a replacement and they are cutting sales by limiting incentives and fleet sales.  No other Ford vehicle was tasked with so much cost cutting, not even Fusion.  Much of this you can't see, but some things are obvious like the redesigned non-LED tail-lights which just turned the turning indicator into the only lamp and blanked out the LED running lights with a reflector.  

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Assimilator

They definitely are not closing the plant.  We are having considerable retool while we are down for x-mas.  Also, over the last few months they have posted bids for launch team, temporary repair coverage, etc. all related to launch.  These guys are already training out in Pre-delivery.  These bids were for A, B, and C-Crew. Also, they ran a prototype of the new launch model this month on day shift.  

The C-Crew rumor has been around since they hired C-Crew.  If anything it's possible that C-Crew would be off temporarily for the launch then called back when enough kinks get ironed out.  

It's a crap shoot what the announcement, if true, could be.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as the plant closing, I'm not even really sure c crew is going away, but that's probably the worst that would happen at this point. however as the others have said we have been hearing c crew  is going away from the time c crew started. This is just the first time the building chairman has actually said he thinks it was going to happen.

47 minutes ago, Ihatemyjob77 said:

C Crew is gone next year. 800 to KTP. March 2012 is cutoff for the layoff number.  Announcement is Thursday.  

Speaking from experience, do not believe any cutoff date until a week or 2 before the date. A lot can change between now and then with transfers, retirements and whatnot. 

• Like 1

GM like Ford is going to stop production of small cars, GM announced job cuts possible layoffs and now idling plants. Ford hasn't announced anything yet just that they're stopping production on small cars. So if GM's announcement was any indication of what Ford will be doing, I would guess we're in for a lot of bad news to come.

7 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

GM like Ford is going to stop production of small cars, GM announced job cuts possible layoffs and now idling plants. Ford hasn't announced anything yet just that they're stopping production on small cars. So if GM's announcement was any indication of what Ford will be doing, I would guess we're in for a lot of bad news to come.

Ford doesn't have the same problem GM has where they have way more plants than they need.