2019 Ford Ranger gets 21 mpg city, 26 highway with RWD, report says

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I think your both saying the same thing.

Like Fuzzy said, the current cab/engine compartment can't fit a V6 into it, since it wasn't designed to do that, since ROW only needed an I4/5 gas/deisel engine in it. 

Since the Bronco will be more or less all new from the frame up, it shouldn't have the same problem. nor will the Next Gen Ranger

you're*

• Like 1

Hopefully next model year they gain some more luxury features, Things like cooled seats, Heated steering wheel,  heated back seats, LED Fog lamps.  I am really considering a Ranger for a daily driver, the smaller size makes parking and getting around the city and parking lots easier for work, but can also go on a muddy site selection or construction site and not get stuck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Ranger is riding on the upgraded chassis that Bronco is getting, it's actually a substantial redesign hidden by basically the same top-hat.  The top-hat will be redesigned in 2022 for the 2023 MY. 

The US and ROTW Ranger have largely diverged at this point.  

This is not the temp-job people seem to think it is.  

from what I have heard you are incorrect...the "new upgraded " Ranger chassis will be under the Bronco, THIS is not that chassis....the Bronco ( upgraded ranger chassis ) WILL accommodate a V6...which gos hand in hand with what Ive said...along with a ranger raptor....

Edited by Deanh
more crap...
  • Like 1

Just now, Assimilator said:

The frame has nothing to do with the V6 mounts, V6 limits has more to do with engine bay packaging.  They are modifying the Bronco frame for Battery mounts for the Hybrid, although that's largely baked into the top-hat.

Modifying the frame for batteries? So adding a few brackets. 

Sorry that phrasing sounded a bit misleading to me 

8 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

The frame has nothing to do with the V6 mounts, V6 limits has more to do with engine bay packaging.  They are modifying the Bronco frame for Battery mounts for the Hybrid, although that's largely baked into the top-hat.

Well we know the Bronco is also coming with a V6, and will have Ranger underpinnings...and supposedly a 7 speed manual...count me in....So, based onthatI would assume significant "tweeks" to the current chassis, so I stand by the fact Ranger will be avail with more than one engine when the new upgraded chassis is introduced. As for this being that upgraded "new: chassis...this isn't it, all I heard that's different from the ROW chassis is and additional crossmember and small "tweeks"...theres an MCE coming in 2020, by that time I think Ford will have a stronger grip on market demands and desires to make any changes they deem necessary to improve the Rangers market share. Just a 2.3 will turn some away initially.

I'm afraid you have some bad info.  

You can believe what you want but I'm telling you I have 100% confidence in my information. I can tell you a great deal about basically every Ford product you want to know about and ones you don't know about.  I have direct access to the entire product timeline, project codes, and more.   I haven't heard about the 7-speed manual however,  the drivetrain configurations only reference the 10-speed ATX (2.3L and 2.7L/2.7L HEV). 

Edited by Assimilator

9 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I'm afraid you have some bad info.  

You can believe what you want but I'm telling you I have 100% confidence in my information. I can tell you a great deal about basically every Ford product you want to know about and ones you don't know about.  I have direct access to the entire product timeline, project codes, and more.   I haven't heard about the 7-speed manual however,  the drivetrain configurations only reference the 10-speed ATX (2.3L and 2.7L/2.7L HEV). 

Getrag apparently. That with a 2.7 eco boost in the  front is my idea of Heaven! Friendly wager Assimilator....my bet is the underpinnings on the 2020 Bronco ( the upgraded Ranger chassis ) will have significant upgrades from the current chassis...we will re-visit, in the meantime I'm taking up Voodoo to help get that 7 spd greenlighted....wheres those long needles?...

I'm asking about the 7-Speed, It makes sense for Mustang obviously but even the Raptor doesn't have manuals.  What would the advantage be on Bronco?  Bronco is more Raptor than rock-crawler (according to Farley anyway).  

As for Ranger I was told that besides the mechanical limits of the engine bay, Ford specifically decided against a V6 drivetrain for the Ranger and never planned to make a US Ranger Raptor model.  The engine bay still needed to be re-engineered for the new EcoBoost power-pack and transmission (Ranger was never developed for any of Ford's modern power-packs).  They specifically don't see Raptor as a trim level but as a specific model in the lineup.   Unfortunately I contributed to the misinformation that Ford couldn't fit a V6 in the Ranger when in reality  they didn't want to in the first place.  You can see why in the performance data.  

Edited by Assimilator

10 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I'm asking about the 7-Speed, It makes sense for Mustang obviously but even the Raptor doesn't have manuals.  What would the advantage be on Bronco?  Bronco is more Raptor than rock-crawler (according to Farley anyway).  

As for Ranger I was told that besides the mechanical limits of the engine bay, Ford specifically decided against a V6 drivetrain for the Ranger and never planned to make a US Ranger Raptor model.  The engine bay still needed to be re-engineered for the new EcoBoost power-pack and transmission (Ranger was never developed for any of Ford's modern power-packs).  They specifically don't see Raptor as a trim level but as a specific model in the lineup.   Unfortunately I contributed to the misinformation that Ford couldn't fit a V6 in the Ranger when in reality  they didn't want to in the first place.  You can see why in the performance data.  

and that's a problem from my standpoint...like it or not, there is still a significant anti turbo customer base....having but one drivetrain alienates them...a mistake IMO that they will hopefully rectify after a couple of years.

Ranger may go V6 with the 2023 rework, if only to get Bronco's 2.7 HEV.  Oddly no 2.3L HEVs anywhere to be seen on my charts, only the upgraded V6 or V8 engines are getting the 10-speed HEV treatment.  

But we're still talking about turbos either way.  Ford doesn't seem to have trouble selling them.  

Edited by Assimilator

7 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Ranger may go V6 with the 2023 rework, if only to get Bronco's 2.7 HEV.  Oddly no 2.3L HEVs anywhere to be seen on my charts, only the upgraded V6 or V8 engines are getting the 10-speed HEV treatment.  

But we're still talking about turbos either way.  Ford doesn't seem to have trouble selling them.  

still think there should be a 3.0 ( 3.3 from the f-150 )  regular V6 on the agenda let alone a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder....the 2.5 combo was/ is  a great combo..

1 minute ago, Assimilator said:

Even if the 2.3L EcoBoost beats the V6s?  

absolutely...one should never, ever put all ones eggs in one basket. Irony is Ford go's overboard trying to appease everyone, yet here they curiously pumped the brakes. F150 6 engine choices....Transit 3, Connect 2, Mustang 4 soon to be 5, every other model they make has powertrain choices, which is why I think ultimately the Ranger will expand...they are testing the water and researching the market. And trust me on this...we deal with a bunch of traditional "non" boosted stalwarts.

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I swear to jeebus if they do something stupid and only include it on a bare bones no options base model I will be FURIOUS 

I wouldn't care too much...heck, rubber floors, vinyl seats...and just power windows and locks cruise.....put in my own stereo system and bingo...Id be happy....comes with more great, but stick and some power, those are tops of my wish list.

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

absolutely...one should never, ever put all ones eggs in one basket. Irony is Ford go's overboard trying to appease everyone, yet here they curiously pumped the brakes. F150 6 engine choices....Transit 3, Connect 2, Mustang 4 soon to be 5, every other model they make has powertrain choices, which is why I think ultimately the Ranger will expand...they are testing the water and researching the market. And trust me on this...we deal with a bunch of traditional "non" boosted stalwarts.

When did the Mustang gain 2 engine options? Sorry, GT350 doesn't count, that's a separate model to me. 

Just now, Deanh said:

I wouldn't care too much...heck, rubber floors, vinyl seats...and just power windows and locks cruise.....put in my own stereo system and bingo...Id be happy....comes with more great, but stick and some power, those are tops of my wish list.

Yeah well that may be fine for you but not me. I have a very specific list of wants the Ranger doesn't fill

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

When did the Mustang gain 2 engine options? Sorry, GT350 doesn't count, that's a separate model to me. 

2.3 eco, 5.0, Bullitt, 5.2 and upcoming GT500, they are all mustangs...same as the 3.5 in the raptor is one engine for the F150s...just underlining the fact everything else BUT the Ranger has choices, performance or not...which underlines my thoughts about drivetrains to come...another...Focus, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.3 and electric. 

Edited by Deanh

16 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I only have confirmation for the 7-Speed on the 2.3L.  I'm guessing it may not be a high-trim level option, I actually expected it to be a performance option.  

interesting...hopefully makes it way as an option with the 2.7....salivating. Just not sold with the 2.3 with something that will most likely weigh close to 5000 pounds...

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

2.3 eco, 5.0, Bullitt, 5.2 and upcoming GT500, they are all mustangs...same as the 3.5 in the raptor is one engine for the F150s...just underlining the fact everything else BUT the Ranger has choices, performance or not...which underlines my thoughts about drivetrains to come.... 

Yeah see to me if it has its own order guide, it's a separate model, which the GT350/R, Bullitt do and no doubt the GT500 will. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah see to me if it has its own order guide, it's a separate model, which the GT350/R, Bullitt do and no doubt the GT500 will. 

understand that thinking...just pointing out EVERYTHING ELSE has a multitude of drivetrain options...heck, Mustang has a hybrid in the future...( Ill ignore the diesel speculation )