Jump to content

New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

  • Custom Search


Recommended Posts

Is anyone aware of any production issues with 2019 Mustang GT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumored engine hold is just that, a rumor. Nobody I know at the plant has seen anything about a hold regarding engines

That said they are dealing with a parts shortage so the plant is being short weeked this week and next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks fuzzymoomoo. I ordered a 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 back in September and the delivery date has been extended twice. It was extended from November, to Jan 3rd, then to Feb 21st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Magnetic said:

Thanks fuzzymoomoo. I ordered a 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 back in September and the delivery date has been extended twice. It was extended from November, to Jan 3rd, then to Feb 21st.

The plant has a lot of scheduled down time right now, that's probably why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Could it have anything to do with the PP2?

I completely missed that. I guarantee that's the hold up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I completely missed that. I guarantee that's the hold up

What's the issue with PP2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limited parts availability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, akirby said:

Limited parts availability.

Awe man. Is it the magneride suspension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think they’ve said exactly which parts but that’s a good guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically I guess my order will be grouped with 2019 GT350 schedule since magneride comes standard on the Mustang GT350.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magnetic said:

Awe man. Is it the magneride suspension?

That's what it is. I'm not sure how exactly they handle scheduling of those.

 

I'm surprised your dealer didn't make you aware of that when you ordered it. Im guessing they don't sell too many mustangs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's what it is. I'm not sure how exactly they handle scheduling of those.

 

I'm surprised your dealer didn't make you aware of that when you ordered it. Im guessing they don't sell too many mustangs? 

Naw they were too happy to take my deposit and give me an initial delivery window of 7-10 weeks. Now it's more like 22 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnetic, sorry for your delay, but on the upside, you're ordering a really neat car, optioned the way I would want mine if I could do it right now. It will be worth the wait! 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Magnetic, sorry for your delay, but on the upside, you're ordering a really neat car, optioned the way I would want mine if I could do it right now. It will be worth the wait! 

:)

Thanks Harley I'm counting down the days for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 6:03 PM, Magnetic said:

Naw they were too happy to take my deposit and give me an initial delivery window of 7-10 weeks. Now it's more like 22 weeks.

Holy Shit man that sucks...I remember ordering my 2006 GT in December of 2005 and having it sometime in March of 2006. That was at the height of the craze with the S197 Mustang too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Holy Shit man that sucks...I remember ordering my 2006 GT in December of 2005 and having it sometime in March of 2006. That was at the height of the craze with the S197 Mustang too. 

Yeah they deposited my check immediately then after they were like 7-10 weeks. So I think dealerships are not good at ordering vehicles for customers....maybe for themselves but not customer orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Magnetic said:

Yeah they deposited my check immediately then after they were like 7-10 weeks. So I think dealerships are not good at ordering vehicles for customers....maybe for themselves but not customer orders.

 

This is a highly unusual situation with the PP2 option.  It’s possible the dealership didn’t realize it could be delayed.  Most are too lazy to check things like that and just assume the normal order time.  Also there is no difference between a stock order and retail (sold) order except the retail order has a lower priority and should get built first (not counting parts holds or other delays).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, akirby said:

 

This is a highly unusual situation with the PP2 option.  It’s possible the dealership didn’t realize it could be delayed.  Most are too lazy to check things like that and just assume the normal order time.  Also there is no difference between a stock order and retail (sold) order except the retail order has a lower priority and should get built first (not counting parts holds or other delays).

Yeah, the weird thing was that they acted like they couldn't get any clarification on the delays....all the while I was saying to myself this is not 1960 and I'm sure they have access to updated order information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it's guaranteed they have access to the information.  If they were stringing you along like that then they either were afraid you'd cancel the order if they told you the truth or they were completely ignorant about the reason for the delay (even though the information is readily available to them), neither of which is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:

Oh it's guaranteed they have access to the information.  If they were stringing you along like that then they either were afraid you'd cancel the order if they told you the truth or they were completely ignorant about the reason for the delay (even though the information is readily available to them), neither of which is good.

I just hope my order get rescheduled again for a earlier date than what the system is showing now. Maybe a big shipment of magnetic components will come through sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's what it is. I'm not sure how exactly they handle scheduling of those.

 

I'm surprised your dealer didn't make you aware of that when you ordered it. Im guessing they don't sell too many mustangs? 

sometimes we aren't aware of a delay till after the fact....WAAAAAAY after the fact.....Fords communication is suspect at best....still no answers on why the fullsize Transits are taking 14 to 16 weeks...the T Connect is qicker…and it isn't built stateside...!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:05 AM, akirby said:

Oh it's guaranteed they have access to the information.  If they were stringing you along like that then they either were afraid you'd cancel the order if they told you the truth or they were completely ignorant about the reason for the delay (even though the information is readily available to them), neither of which is good.

not 100% correct...if theres a delay we are hostage to information relayed by our Zone rep.....and aside from Ford Jnr the responses to questions about delays resemble bad tap dancing...if theres a commodity issue thankfully THAT answer circumvents the Rep....theres also this...

  • Certain 2018 Model Year F-150 and 2019 Mustang Vehicles equipped with 5.0L Engine - Throttle Body Replacement
Edited by Deanh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I'm talking about commodity delays and those are most definitely communicated.  In this case the delays with the PP2 package have been widely known for months and months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, akirby said:

But I'm talking about commodity delays and those are most definitely communicated.  In this case the delays with the PP2 package have been widely known for months and months.

point is, even the reps don't know Jack sometimes...irrespective if its a commodity issue....Ive personally had several orders cancelled through inability to get straight answers, commodity issue, discovered problem or combo of both.....try and figure out why a Transit Connect or Eco-sport is delayed....you will NOT be able to get an answer...1 transit Connect order took over 6 months.....zero legitimate answer to the issue....as for the Stangs...the shocks have been a primary reason for delays...and that's been well published,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×