MKX vs, Nautilus

Standard LED Headlights, 8-Speed Transmission, Standard Co-Pilot360 (BLISS, Emergency Braking Auto High-Beams, and Pedestrian Detection), Full LCD instrument panel, frameless rear view mirror, rear view camera washer.  It also has the more fuel efficient but nearly as powerful 2.0L EB replaces the 3.7 V6 as standard.  I know there are bunch of other things I'm missing but that gets you started.  

But I would probably just go for the best deal, especially since I don't think the Nautilus looks that good unless you spring for the best version, that huge boxier front overhang needs larger wheels to balance it out which wasn't the case with the MKX.  I still prefer the styling on MKX with the exception of the taillights.  

Edited by Assimilator

22 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Standard LED Headlights, 8-Speed Transmission, Standard Co-Pilot360 (BLISS, Emergency Braking Auto High-Beams, and Pedestrian Detection), Full LCD instrument panel, frameless rear view mirror, rear view camera washer.  It also has the more fuel efficient but nearly as powerful 2.0L EB replaces the 3.7 V6 as standard.  I know there are bunch of other things I'm missing but that gets you started.  

But I would probably just go for the best deal, especially since I don't think the Nautilus looks that good unless you spring for the best version, that huge boxier front overhang needs larger wheels to balance it out which wasn't the case with the MKX.  I still prefer the styling on MKX with the exception of the taillights.  

I've seen 2 Nautiluses Nautilii?  on the road and they look good to me.

• Like 1

It's always a matter of opinion of course, to me the Nautilus looks way more elderly than MKX, but I know they are trying to target an older audience so this likely fits that demo far better.  I'm in my 30's and I know I'm an extreme outlier as it is so it's probably a good indicator that I don't like the styling but people older than me do.  

The Aviator will be a different story but I plan to step out of my 5th MKX and into a 2020 Explorer Platinum this time next year.  Aviator is probably too extravagant and the Explorer has something the Lincoln doesn't that I really want, a Vertical infotainment system with split-screen CarPlay. 

Edited by Assimilator

The biggest difference, in my opinion, is the new 8-speed transmission. It pairs really well with the 2.7tt engine, giving very smooth shifts and a quick and strong power band. Interestingly, the 8-speed with the 2.7 is different from the 8-speed in the 2.0. The former handles better the power and torque of the bigger engine.