Buyouts - Early Seperation Packages

Shamalamadingdong

"union rep" now that`s a reliable source of information...

If a lump sum is what so many are waiting for to close the door behind them, why wasn`t that ticket taken one of the 3 or 4 prior offers?  I hope I`m wrong for all those lump summers sake but, with the numbers reaching what they are for all those half price or less laborers, the need to "get us out" with a lump group is getting less important to the company. If $150K or $130K is ever offered (not likely) again lumppers should jump on it.

Ford hasn't announced their restructuring plan, no one knows if there will be or not. I believe something will be offered. I don't see the exploder and new lincoln keeping Chicago in overtime running 3 shifts after retooling.  All those newly rolled over hourly will be idle for awhile if they're called back at all unless the company makes some offers to legacy to cut the fat. And not many will be able to transfer from other plants that might go idle  How many plants and hourly workers do you think they'll need to produce what 5-6? types of SUV/trucks? Early retirement, separation, pension buyouts will all be greatly considered by thousands if the company was wise enough to offer. 

On 11/15/2018 at 7:55 AM, Shamalamadingdong said:

Just heard from our Union (Local) that no buyouts are coming until after contract time (if at all)....

I imagine just like when they were closing our plant in St.Louis and the Union officials said there would be no more transfers and then 3 weeks later 3 or 4 more plants had transfer offers for St Louis employees. I have learned while being at Ford for over 30 years when a Union official says something like that they are usually wrong the vast majority of time.....or lying lol

• 3 weeks later...