Wow -Great Publicity for Toyota

Kev-Mo

Millions of light and medium duty First Response Fire and Paramedic Rescue trucks that are doing all the hard work across America are Ford and Chevy, but somehow foreign Toyota will steal the thunder.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/13/paradise-wildfire-nurse-toyota-truck-replacement/

If someone had posted a pic of a Ford or GM burned like that it would have gotten the same reaction.  I think it's a great story regardless of the brand and I'm 100% sure the other truck mfrs would have done the same thing.

Although I don't quite understand the hero aspect.  He tried to flee the hospital but got turned back by the fire.  It wasn't like he had patients in the truck and drove them through the fire to safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

If someone had posted a pic of a Ford or GM burned like that it would have gotten the same reaction.  I think it's a great story regardless of the brand and I'm 100% sure the other truck mfrs would have done the same thing.

Well said akirby sir. Natural disasters often provide an opportunity for companies of all kinds to get publicity. Back in 2013, Ford got a lot of great publicity following the OKC area EF5 tornadoes. An owner of a Mustang that was almost destroyed by the tornadoes got it drive-able again.

18pzfeqca1b7rjpg.jpg

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Although I don't quite understand the hero aspect.  He tried to flee the hospital but got turned back by the fire.  It wasn't like he had patients in the truck and drove them through the fire to safety.

Reading the comments the foreign brand fan boys spin it as if only the Toyota could have done this and survived, the aluminum Ford might have melted - I despise that level of ignorance. 

I am sure the driver had a hell of a scary ride though.

I'm sure you'd get the same reaction from Ford fanbois.

I really don't understand all the fanbois who think the other brands are junk and that goes for Ford, GM, Ram and Toyota.  None of these are as bad as some of these people imply.  As much as I dislike GM pickups I would never say they're junk.  They're just ugly.  :)

6 hours ago, akirby said:

I'm sure you'd get the same reaction from Ford fanbois.

I really don't understand all the fanbois who think the other brands are junk and that goes for Ford, GM, Ram and Toyota.  None of these are as bad as some of these people imply.  As much as I dislike GM pickups I would never say they're junk.  They're just ugly.  :)

I've worked on enough GMs to know they’re pretty much junk. Especially the 90s models. 

Ford made some dang good stuff in the 90s. They also made some real crap. Pretty much like every other car company did. But comparing stuff made 20+ years apart is pointless. It's apples to oranges.

If you ask me, the 90s is when reliability increased by leaps and bounds to the levels we currently enjoy.  Everyone was on their 2nd gen EFI systems and finally had things dialed in. Almost overnight most makes/models would run to 250,000 miles without any major work (with the exception of automatic transmissions - those got less reliable as OD and lockup converters were introduced and only in the last 10-15 years or so have they gotten back to C6 levels of reliability).

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

On 11/14/2018 at 2:40 PM, rperez817 said:

Well said akirby sir. Natural disasters often provide an opportunity for companies of all kinds to get publicity. Back in 2013, Ford got a lot of great publicity following the OKC area EF5 tornadoes. An owner of a Mustang that was almost destroyed by the tornadoes got it drive-able again.

After one of the more recent Moore tornadoes, there was a big story about an F-150 that was still running and had protected its occupants after being tossed by the twister.