New Ford/Lincoln Products in the next 16 months

19 hours ago, Anthony said:

That angle makes the grille look absurdly small too.  I think/hope its just the angle.  The side profile above looks much better.

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yep, that was the point I was trying to get across unsuccesfully-maybe they are using an Explorer Windshied-which why it looks weird.

The flat grey color doesn't do it any favors either

We're also seeing what looks to be a base version too (same with the Explorer shots we've been seeing), which certainly doesn't help things.

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's kind of par for the course with Lincoln now. Black label gets a more smoked chrome look than the straight chrome the rest of them do. I like the look a little better myself but could never afford one. Not that I would ever drive a luxury car. 

Actually in this case, it looks like a completely different insert, not just darkening the chrome.  The one in the teaser video (presumably Black Label) has the "fading" big to little star setup similar to what the concept had, whereas the one in the spy shots has the standard mesh the rest of the lineup uses.  The production Aviator mesh does appear to have fewer and larger stars (presumably for air flow), but it's the same idea.

Here's the Aviator concept's grille:

Image result for lincoln aviator concept grille

Here's the standard mesh on the others:

Image result for 2018 navigator grille

17 hours ago, RadicalX said:

Will Aviator compete with GLS, Q7, X7 and GX?

Size and price wise it will be similar to GLE, Q7, X5, RX, Cayenne, RRS, XC90, and MDX.

Of these, GLE and Cayenne are the only one not available with 3rd row seat.

GX is so old and archaic, no one takes it seriously unless you have a fetish for Toyota Prado with fake wood trim.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1