New Ford/Lincoln Products in the next 16 months

Yeah, something looks way off with that roof.  The Explorer has this "forehead" but it's handled with a boxier detail. On Aviator it looks like they tried to smooth it out while retaining the same hard points.  Those ridges on the roof look particularly absurd.  It's spoiling an otherwise nice design.  It probably looks better with a vista roof.  It's an aggressive profile for sure.   

Edited by Assimilator

Here's a profile, I realize there is a big difference interns of interior packaging of a FWD Nautilus vs the RWD Aviator.

lincoln-aviator-spy-photo.jpg

Lincoln-Nautilus-4.jpg

I suspect the hip-points are  lower in Aviator so you're suppose to sit lower to the ground than in something like Nautilus.  Either way, I'm very skeptical about visibility in that design.

Edited by Assimilator

45 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Man, good look seeing traffic lights out of that windshield.  Look at how low the top of that windshield is compared to something like the Nautilus. 

2019-Lincoln-Nautilus.jpg

Yeah, it does look like it should've extended higher.

---

You know, this is the first time I realized they gave it blacked out a-pillars.   Never noticed it on the concept since it was in that darker color.

Not a huge fan of Lincoln's A-Pillar design personally, it looks good at the belt line but awkward at the roofline because it's not really part of the greenhouse design like it is on Explorer and Land Rover.  I think you have to be a design snob to really care about that. It's easy to nitpick an otherwise outstanding design.  Detroit rarely produces uncompromising luxury items that stand out and I think this does, along with Navigator.    

Edited by Assimilator

2 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Man, good look seeing traffic lights out of that windshield.  Look at how low the top of that windshield is compared to something like the Nautilus. 

2019-Lincoln-Nautilus.jpg

The layout of the headlights has improved considerably without those chrome appliques of the concept. It was my only criticism. I'm very optimistic about the Aviator.

5 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Here's a profile, I realize there is a big difference interns of interior packaging of a FWD Nautilus vs the RWD Aviator.

lincoln-aviator-spy-photo.jpg

Lincoln-Nautilus-4.jpg

I suspect the hip-points are  lower in Aviator so you're suppose to sit lower to the ground than in something like Nautilus.  Either way, I'm very skeptical about visibility in that design.

Wow, the proportions on the Aviator are great! That should satisfy the proportion snobs that complain about Lincolns looking too FWD.

11 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Black Label will have a different grille?

AviatorTeaser_full.jpg?logActivity=true

8ACE8F95-FBC1-4EAF-9EB9-0B2723A9F642.jpeg

That's kind of par for the course with Lincoln now. Black label gets a more smoked chrome look than the straight chrome the rest of them do. I like the look a little better myself but could never afford one. Not that I would ever drive a luxury car. 

13 hours ago, Fordowner said:

yes hopefully its the angle, and that tint job on the front windshield it looks like its off balance and too low which again maybe the angle or an optical issue with the camera 

Yep, that was the point I was trying to get across unsuccesfully-maybe they are using an Explorer Windshied-which why it looks weird.

The flat grey color doesn't do it any favors either

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yep, that was the point I was trying to get across unsuccesfully-maybe they are using an Explorer Windshied-which why it looks weird.

The flat grey color doesn't do it any favors either

I was agreeing with your post, I was just too lazy to scroll back up to quote it or see who wrote it.... ?