Meet the 2020 Maverick (Baby Bronco)!

Sitting at a red light today beside a 2007 Explorer, I noticed the Explorer's circle-dash design in its taillights is perfectly mimicked by the headlight/running light design of the Maverick.  Also, big thumbs up if they use LED to light the big FORD letters in the grille like the picture seems to suggest.  I haven't seen anyone else do that yet.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

It is cute.  I think it will do good against the Renegade and other small CUVs.  I wonder if it will have some of the extra goodies like the Renegade has for mild offroading (if being a "baby Bronco" is their marketing focus)?

One would think looking at those tires.  It will probably be similar to the Cherokee systems.

I'm guessing baby Bronco will have optional more robust AWD system with more lift and skid plates etc. Perhaps similar to what Jeep offers on its Trailhawk trim level. But the vast majority sold will be FWD or on-demand AWD.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bzcat said:

I'm guessing baby Bronco will have optional more robust AWD system with more lift and skid plates etc. Perhaps similar to what Jeep offers on its Trailhawk trim level. But the vast majority sold will be FWD or on-demand AWD.

In that line of thinking, will the Maverick be an Escape with chunky body?

If so, it may put a limit on Escape sales while building a new customer base...

14 hours ago, jpd80 said:

In that line of thinking, will the Maverick be an Escape with chunky body?

If so, it may put a limit on Escape sales while building a new customer base...

Depends...the Escape will be getting slightly larger next gen. I'd expect the Maverick to be more of an entry level product then the Escape to fill in the current Escape Pricing.

Starting and expected MSRP:

2018 Ecosport: 19995

2020 Maverick: 21999

2020 Escape: 25999

2019 Edge: 29995

2020 Explorer: 33999

Going by the rumor history of the vehicle-Short C and Gen X CUV (which i'm sure was mixed up with the Mach One also) that it will be slotted at the lower end of the market since the other products will get more expensive above it. 

The Escape will be the mass market vehicle, while the Maverick will appeal more to a male or adventurous type that don't need or want a full sized Bronco

On 11/17/2018 at 12:48 AM, silvrsvt said:

Depends...the Escape will be getting slightly larger next gen. I'd expect the Maverick to be more of an entry level product then the Escape to fill in the current Escape Pricing.

Starting and expected MSRP:

2018 Ecosport: 19995

2020 Maverick: 21999

2020 Escape: 25999

2019 Edge: 29995

2020 Explorer: 33999

Going by the rumor history of the vehicle-Short C and Gen X CUV (which i'm sure was mixed up with the Mach One also) that it will be slotted at the lower end of the market since the other products will get more expensive above it. 

The Escape will be the mass market vehicle, while the Maverick will appeal more to a male or adventurous type that don't need or want a full sized Bronco

I have a hunch that it's much simpler than that, Ford is channeling lapsed buyers with chunkier SUV type Utilities while also continuing to offer softer more rounded Utilities. You may be right with your profite of Maverick buyer but it may also appeal to people who liked the  squarer body of the older Escapes. So maybe there's an opportunity forwider participation as well as regrouping of buyers that leads to more balanced production of Maverick and Escape as well as the other utilities planned.

I'm hoping that NAIAS and more product announcements from Ford will answer  questions about how everything fits together...

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 12:42 PM, akirby said:

Seriously, try to keep up.   This is a direct Renegade competitor.  Not a Bronco.

I didn't say it was. I stand by my statement, it looks like millennial trash, like every other non ford truck right now.

If Ford is going to make a  baby Bronco... they could you know, try.  Hopefully this is more successful than the Flex.

3 hours ago, probowler said:

I didn't say it was. I stand by my statement, it looks like millennial trash, like every other non ford truck right now.

If Ford is going to make a  baby Bronco... they could you know, try.  Hopefully this is more successful than the Flex.

I like it and my wife loves it  we are in our 50's. Also the flex missed yes but I think because it was too wagonish utilities are getting longer and lower now so I think it was just ahead of where the market was going.  Plus millennials are the target market nowadays. I think this will do great. I think when they changed the escape they lost buyers but gained more different ones and this could bring back some of the old one again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, probowler said:

Bronco fans will be buying the real Bronco.  This is a completely different vehicle made to appeal to different buyers and made to compete with Renegade, Juke and other highly stylized small utilities.  

You act like you’re the only one buying vehicles and Ford should only make what you like.  Get over it.

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

Bronco fans will be buying the real Bronco.  This is a completely different vehicle made to appeal to different buyers and made to compete with Renegade, Juke and other highly stylized small utilities.  

You act like you’re the only one buying vehicles and Ford should only make what you like.  Get over it.

He said the same things about the Renegade and well guess who was wrong...

7 hours ago, Anthony said:

Anyone ever notice that Renegade and Maverick have very similar definitions?  Both are basically an individual that is unorthodox and independent or behaves in a rebelliously unconventional manner.

Just thought that was interesting.

Yeah, Goose just didn’t do as well with the focus groups.....

• Haha 2

If Ford does actually call it the Maverick, I'm going to give my buddy a hard time and tell him he needs to buy one for his son (who is less then 6 months old now anyways) who is named Maverick-actually after Pete Mitchel aka Tom Cruse from Top Gun-he's an avation nut and him and his wife both drive Jeeps. 

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If Ford does actually call it the Maverick, I'm going to give my buddy a hard time and tell him he needs to buy one for his son (who is less then 6 months old now anyways) who is named Maverick-actually after Pete Mitchel aka Tom Cruse from Top Gun-he's an avation nut and him and his wife both drive Jeeps. 

So....Renegade was not in the cards for them?