Meet the 2020 Maverick (Baby Bronco)!

11 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

It's trying really hard to be retro cute, I just don't find Maverick attractive, especially the fascia. 

Its not supposed to be a watered down/"feminized" CUV-its supposed to be "different" (With that said, I bet my wife likes it-she prefers the looks of the last gen Escape to her current one)

It was also one of the concepts for what they wanted to do with the Bronco, before they decided to go and do the proper thing with it, basing it on the Ranger. 

Edited by silvrsvt

Yes, this is the Baby Bronco (Maverick), not the actual Bronco.

I wish the autoblog picture wasn't potato quality but I compared it with the CAD drawing I saw of the Bronco and I believe this is it. There's a few key styling cues that line up perfectly, and one that I think is there in the autoblog pic but it's too blurry for me to be 100% sure. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yes, this is the Baby Bronco (Maverick), not the actual Bronco.

I wish the autoblog picture wasn't potato quality but I compared it with the CAD drawing I saw of the Bronco and I believe this is it. There's a few key styling cues that line up perfectly, and one that I think is there in the autoblog pic but it's too blurry for me to be 100% sure. 

That doesn't make sense-Wasn't the joke of the entire dealeship meeting was one of the Ford executives showing off his 1970s Bronco in the slide show?

I don't think people would be able to keep their mouths shut if they actually showed the "real" Bronco off. The Baby Bronco isn't really on many people's radars outside of Ford enuthists 

• akirby changed the title to Meet the 2020 Maverick (Baby Bronco)!
1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh damn, I completely missed that.

So the Maverick and Bronco look way more similar than I actually thought. 

Well the Maverick design was one of the designs offered up for Bronco.  They didn’t like it for Bronco but decided to make a Maverick using the design.