Are Vehicles with the Coyote Engine being held for inspection

michjbthemh

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I have a 2019 Mustang GT Fastback (#300A, Automatic, Ford Safe & Smart, Active Valve Performance Exhaust) that was ordered for dealer stock and reported as "Produced" via Vehicle Visibility as of 10/03/2018. I contacted Ford's BAC (Business Assistance Center) on 11/06/2018 and received the following reply...

• We have identified the unit in question is affected by a plant hold. Projected timing for release of this vehicle is 11/02/2018 at the earliest while another hold has yet to have a release date established. This date indicates when the vehicle may be released from the plant, but is subject to change.

Note that I contacted the BAC on 11/06/2018 and they said that the projected release date was 11/02/2018. I contacted the BAC again this morning and received the following reply...

• We have identified the unit in question is affected by a plant hold. Projected timing for release of this vehicle is TBD.

The BAC never gives information on the reason(s) for a plant hold. 

Unfortunately, plant holds are all too common for the Mustang in addition to the usual shipping issues out of the Flat Rock plant. My Mustang Demo was sold about three weeks ago and I was going to wait for this car to drive but am now driving a leftover 2018 Mustang EcoBoost. As frustrating as it is, better that any issues are addressed at the plant.

Hope this helps!

1FA6P8CF7K5128977_WS.pdf

I couldn't agree with you more! It is just tough waiting when you are not really given definitive answers and feel like you are being left in the dark. Thank you for clarifying, I appreciate it! 

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Some are better than others. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot Ford can do about it

I don't blame Ford but I do think that if Ford ever allowed direct customer orders it would be better for the consumer rather than going through the dealer.

54 minutes ago, Magnetic said:

I don't blame Ford but I do think that if Ford ever allowed direct customer orders it would be better for the consumer rather than going through the dealer.

Will never happen. Franchise laws make it impossible. Ford would lose the lawsuit before it was even finished being filed. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, Need For Green UK said:

Really glad you have updated information Mich, I'm still not sure what is happening with my NFG order and my dealer is also in the dark.

Thank you very much, me too. I do sincerely hope you get some news on yours soon. I did also find out yesterday that my car has been released for transport but no updated ETA yet. I was told that should be soon. Fingers crossed for both of us!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Will never happen. Franchise laws make it impossible. Ford would lose the lawsuit before it was even finished being filed. 

Ford tried to help dealers sell used vehicles by creating a regional website where the consumer could pick a vehicle and pick a local dealer and the vehicle would be delivered there for a test drive and to close the sale.   Dealers sued and won.

Ford tried to give extra holdback money as an incentive to dealerships with great customer service (while the rest got what they were already getting so no loss).   Dealers sued and won.

I don't think Ford would want the overhead of dealing with customers directly anyway but these stupid state franchise laws allow poor dealers to stay around and keep providing poor service while everyone blames Ford even though legally they can't do anything about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford tried to help dealers sell used vehicles by creating a regional website where the consumer could pick a vehicle and pick a local dealer and the vehicle would be delivered there for a test drive and to close the sale.   Dealers sued and won.

Ford tried to give extra holdback money as an incentive to dealerships with great customer service (while the rest got what they were already getting so no loss).   Dealers sued and won.

I don't think Ford would want the overhead of dealing with customers directly anyway but these stupid state franchise laws allow poor dealers to stay around and keep providing poor service while everyone blames Ford even though legally they can't do anything about it.

Wow, it's amazing how a few bad apples ruin's it for everyone else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...