ECU TUNE for Everyday Driving and Tuners

jamesmcga

Just wanted to give the group some options when looking for more power. I am a gear head and been around cars and tuning for a while now, this is a great option for people who want built in safety thresholds and one-click simple tuning.  I have clocked repeatable 0-60 times at 4.9-5.0 seconds (excite mode) using Map5.

I installed a piggy-back tune from Burger Motorsports 4 months ago...http://www.burgertuning.com.; it is amazing!  I used his products on my 2012 BMW 335IS with twin turbos; took that car from 320HP (crank) to 590 HP (Wheel) using ethanol and I ran it hard for 3 years before trading it in with no issues.

The tune uses Bluetooth and a app to control the "map" settings and you can view real-time stat's like AFR, boost, etc...the "tune" installed in 30 minutes and can be removed before taking it to the dealer (leaves no trace).  The best thing about Terry's tunes are that they leverage the stock ECU mapping and sensors...it will cut power (timeing) before it hurts your motor.  You will know when you use a improper map :)...the car feels like a slug and you can look at the logs on app to see the details.

Details on the tune: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51436 

Map0: Fully disable JB4
Map1: 4psi peak over stock
Map2: 5psi peak over stock
Map4: Low boost VALET map
Map5: 6psi peak over stock
Map6: User adjustable by RPM map on user adjustment page, values are peak boost over stock by RPM under heavy throttle.

I live in GA and use 93 Octane. (image attached is map 5)...blue line is actual boost, white line is stock boost curve, yellow is AFR and red is timing.

Have Fun

Image-1.jpg