Jump to content

Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

Sign in to follow this  
Bob Rosadini

Lost Post info

Recommended Posts

I noted comment on the attempt to reconstruct old posts.  As a point of info, as a member since 1999, at some point another upgrade was done and my "post count" reset to zero.  No big deal but just wondering if those will be restored.  And let me tell you- a lot of us had a ton of posts in the days of the "Jac must go" crusade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never noticed that we have post counts, but now I see them. What are they used for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

I noted comment on the attempt to reconstruct old posts.  As a point of info, as a member since 1999, at some point another upgrade was done and my "post count" reset to zero.  No big deal but just wondering if those will be restored.  And let me tell you- a lot of us had a ton of posts in the days of the "Jac must go" crusade!

Looks like they were restored.   Pretty sure I haven't made 29K posts since Monday.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 3:01 PM, Trailhiker said:

I've never noticed that we have post counts, but now I see them. What are they used for?

Not used for anything really.  Just shows you how active folks have been on the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're back on track! 🤠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, robertlane said:

We're back on track! 🤠

Thanks for your work to keep us Ford crazies up and running on your fantastic site @robertlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, robertlane said:

We're back on track! 🤠

Woohoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Thanks for your work to keep us Ford crazies up and running on your fantastic site @robertlane

 

26 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Woohoo!

SORRY for the downtime.  It wasn't the server causing issues, apparently is was some Google code.

The next step is the make some site speed improvements and more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

I noted comment on the attempt to reconstruct old posts.  As a point of info, as a member since 1999, at some point another upgrade was done and my "post count" reset to zero.  No big deal but just wondering if those will be restored.  And let me tell you- a lot of us had a ton of posts in the days of the "Jac must go" crusade!

You're right - some of that data was lost from Jac the Knife era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, akirby said:

Looks like they were restored.   Pretty sure I haven't made 29K posts since Monday.....

Received response from Robert.  "Posts from Jac Nassar era lost".  So my post count is from whenever they went through this same exercise before. The good news is it did not happen again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Received response from Robert.  "Posts from Jac Nassar era lost".  So my post count is from whenever they went through this same exercise before. The good news is it did not happen again!

That hosting company assigned the same database name to two different databases (how that was done is still a mystery, although almost 20-years ago), so they kept rewriting over each other making them corrupt.

We backup like a religion these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that mean no Sheriff posts?   😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×