Topics only displaying the first post - updated

18 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Is there something to not automatically going to the first unread post when clicking on a topic?

If you're in the "unread content" part, there's a drop down menu under "Read status" where you can change between top of the post, or newest unread comment.  I don't know if that functionality extends beyond the new content area, though.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I think that's new with this update.  I don't recall having that ability before (it always went to the top for me).

Before, if you clicked the little dot or star it would take you to the first unread post.  Thread title takes you to the first post.  Still works the same way.

May not have even been what you don't recall having the ability to do, but I posted it anyway.  ?

1 minute ago, fordmantpw said:

Before, if you clicked the little dot or star it would take you to the first unread post.  Thread title takes you to the first post.  Still works the same way.

May not have even been what you don't recall having the ability to do, but I posted it anyway.  ?

I never knew that.  But I always leave my "new content" tab open, and open threads in new tabs (I have too many tabs open at once lol).

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I never knew that.  But I always leave my "new content" tab open, and open threads in new tabs (I have too many tabs open at once lol).

I do the same but I always right click on the star or dot to the left of the title and that takes you to the first unread post in the topic.  In fact if you put your cursor over the star or dot it says go to first unread post.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I do the same but I always right click on the star or dot to the left of the title and that takes you to the first unread post in the topic.  In fact if you put your cursor over the star or dot it says go to first unread post.

Dude, center-click is where it's at.

26 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Same here, it's my wheel.  Do you use a mouse on your iPad?  I'm sure you can bluetooth it, I've just never tried it.

No need for a mouse on in iPad.   I do have the keyboard though and it sucks - need to get a new one under the extended warranty program.  The early ones had hardware issues.

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah I knew about the center button thing, but I've never owned a mouse without a scroll wheel so whenever I get a new one, which to be honest is almost never, I program the wheel to act as a center button when I click it. 

Ditto that.  And that opens the link in a new tab.

45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

:thud:I had no idea it did that!

You're welcome!  ?

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah I knew about the center button thing, but I've never owned a mouse without a scroll wheel so whenever I get a new one, which to be honest is almost never, I program the wheel to act as a center button when I click it. 

I think most scroll wheels scroll and click.  At least the ones I use do.

58 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Same here, it's my wheel.  Do you use a mouse on your iPad?  I'm sure you can bluetooth it, I've just never tried it.

You can, and on those occasions when I can't get the stupid iPad to figure out that "press and hold" is actually supposed to do something, I think about pairing one of these BT devices I have.

Or turning this thing into an Ancient Ninja Throwing iPad.

• Like 1