Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

• Custom Search

akirby

Aviator debuts Nov 28th, uses orchestra music for chimes

In case you didn’t see this in the super news ticker....

This. This is what luxury should be about.  I'm not a symphony fan, but these touches and attention to detail are what should set you apart.

On top of everything else (quiet, luxurious interior, power, etc.) of course, but this is what Lincoln needs to rise above the rest.  Not the music specifically, but the care and attention that goes into it.

AviatorTeaser_full.jpg?logActivity=true

I'll reserve judgment until I see it fully, but not sure I'm liking the more sparse/spread out grille pattern.  it looks like pieces are missing when compared to the preview (though obviously they need to let air in).

From what I've heard from a few insiders, Lincoln is "all in" on the new Aviator.  Will be exciting to see it later this month.

51 minutes ago, akirby said:

From what I've heard from a few insiders, Lincoln is "all in" on the new Aviator.  Will be exciting to see it later this month.

Speaking (well, writing) as a Lincoln fan and amateur musician (piano, violin, trombone, and vocal singer), I think this is really cool.  I listened to the chimes on my cell phone this morning and the files took seemingly forever to download but it was worth it.

I just ordered a 2019 MKZh Reserve II (in Rhapsody Blue) so I'm not in the market for the new Aviator (and it's more vehicle than my wife and I need, now) but if circumstances were different, i would definitely be looking at an Aviator.  In fact, I was strongly considering buying a new Aviator when I was in the market for a new vehicle 16 years ago (in 2002), but the local Ford dealer and I came to terms on a 2002 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer, and I got that instead of the Aviator. 

I can only imagine that Edsel would have loved this kind of attention to fine details

There's a lot to like about the new Aviator, I look at it and for the life of me,

I just can't understand why Lincoln persisted with MKT for all those years...

Aviator is such a breath of fresh air....

Aviator will be hard to ignore, from its finesse to the new technologies.  It's a FoMoCo flagship in every sense of the word, until the Mach1 arrives. 

The styling is a little sedate, doesn't quite have the precision of the design preview that I wanted (particularly at the front fender transition), but it's so damn close.  It's a nice looking classic SUV, it's really what I wanted.  Not a huge fan of the interior design because of the 4:3 info-pod design, but it's beautifully crafted none-the-less.  I don't really know of any equivalent vehicle to the Aviator, although Caddy will have something that pales in comparison.  

Edited by Assimilator

I can appreciate the softer tones, getting into some vehicles, and I hear certain alerts I end up yelling at them because they come off as being rude. Sort of like changing your ring tone on your smartphone because after awhile you equate the sound to "Oh damn another text, stop it, go away!"...  I get like that when they leave a voicemail and I get the "alert", its like "Who leaves voicemail anymore"...and just ignore it

The grille appears to look a bit different; hopefully they didn’t tone it down too much. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, 1984Poke said:

Speaking (well, writing) as a Lincoln fan and amateur musician (piano, violin, trombone, and vocal singer), I think this is really cool.  I listened to the chimes on my cell phone this morning and the files took seemingly forever to download but it was worth it.

I just ordered a 2019 MKZh Reserve II (in Rhapsody Blue) so I'm not in the market for the new Aviator (and it's more vehicle than my wife and I need, now) but if circumstances were different, i would definitely be looking at an Aviator.  In fact, I was strongly considering buying a new Aviator when I was in the market for a new vehicle 16 years ago (in 2002), but the local Ford dealer and I came to terms on a 2002 Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer, and I got that instead of the Aviator. 

Poke, I'm with you. I just put in an order yesterday for a BL Nautilus (Chrona Copper, Thoroughbred theme), which is mid-cycle and lacks many of the refined touches the new Aviator will have. But the Aviator is just too big (and has one row too many) for us these days. I'll probably be in a mood to trade up in a few years, however, when they redesign the Naut. Until then, here's hoping I don't suffer from too much Aviator envy...

I think this would really look great in the Highland Green color from the Mustang Bullit.

I know two tone is out of style, but Highland Green with light brown accents would look so nice.

A Deep Blue with Steel Gray would be another great option

Why not make these sounds customizable? I think it’d be cool to have the “THX” sound play when starting your car. I wish ford would create an “App Store” of sorts so owners could really customize their cars. Downloadable chimes so you aren’t stuck with the stock sounds, maybe even make your own. And with all the digital screens in cars now, why not let me download different “skins” for the gauge cluster? Imagine changing the Gauge cluster to look like a speedo from the 70’s, maybe the old svt gauges, or something futuristic? Everyone already customized their cell, so this seems like a logical step and might even draw in some new customers.

3 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Why not make these sounds customizable? I think it’d be cool to have the “THX” sound play when starting your car. I wish ford would create an “App Store” of sorts so owners could really customize their cars. Downloadable chimes so you aren’t stuck with the stock sounds, maybe even make your own. And with all the digital screens in cars now, why not let me download different “skins” for the gauge cluster? Imagine changing the Gauge cluster to look like a speedo from the 70’s, maybe the old svt gauges, or something futuristic? Everyone already customized their cell, so this seems like a logical step and might even draw in some new customers.

Yikes.  That would be horrible, it'd get old fast.  Maybe for the first few times, but EVERY time?

I'm with you for the gauges - they should be more customizable, but there's also a lot of information and menus that they'd have to redesign for every setup.

Mustang does a good job with variations between normal, sport, and track displays.  I'd love to see a virtual cockpit setup like Audi with the map that would show in the gauge cluster.

Yeah, and customizable air fresheners too. That would be real cool. Guy's night out Musk,  ladies night out floral.

5 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Yeah, and customizable air fresheners too. That would be real cool. Guy's night out Musk,  ladies night out floral.

There you go discriminating against guys who prefer floral scents.....

Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather have my vehicle smelling like a woman than a man.   But maybe that's just me.....

I think the violin is a bit much, not everybody loves the sound of a solo Violin.  The Xylophone is very appropriate.  

How about a bunch of third-graders playing recorders! ;)

1 minute ago, Trailhiker said:

I can't wait until someone pulls the audio and gives it the shittyflute treatment :hysterical:

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather have my vehicle smelling like a woman than a man.   But maybe that's just me.....

It's ok to show your feminent side.

1 hour ago, Trailhiker said:

0011a2dacc152229e08ca69b8ea4f98ec1b4c5c4

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can't wait until someone pulls the audio and gives it the shittyflute treatment :hysterical:

I looked it up, and found his YouTube channel. Holy hell. It sounds terrible, yet hilarious. 

21 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

I looked it up, and found his YouTube channel. Holy hell. It sounds terrible, yet hilarious. 

Take it from me and don't learn the hard way. NEVER listen to anything on that channel on earbuds. Ever.