A PLAN # REQUIRED

Good Morning All .

I live in Canada and presently drive a 2016 MKX Reserve, I am presently looking to get a 2019 Nautilus, the dealer I work with wants $$$$ more for much the same car. I do not want to go to a competitive brand (Infinity QX50). Hoping a reader here could help out a fellow Long term Lincoln driver. Thank you in advance. Shoe

Hi there. Are you looking for A plan which is only for Ford employees or X plan which is for Friends and Family?

Ford cracked down on X plan for Friends and Family - they're supposed to actually know the people and not give them out randomly to strangers on the internet so it's doubtful you'd be able to get a PIN here anyway. There is a special section in the Employee section for these types of requests if you want to try.

Also be aware that if the dealer is asking close to MSRP then they won't accept X plan anyway - it's 100% voluntary.

Tell me what you want specifically (options, etc) and I can give you the X plan price. You should be able to get close to that price without a X plan pin anyway.

Hi Kirby. I always lease my Lincolns from my dealer . He uses his invoice price as the cap cost. He told me he would use the other price that is on the invoice if I can get a pin for him.( was appx $1800 or so difference from the invoice price) Maybe I am asking for the wrong pin.

My issue here is I do get friends and Family on Infinity, and a total loaded qx 50 will cost me $100 less per month, it is not the same car, yet that is a lot of $$$ difference.

He's talking about A plan and that is only available to active Ford employees (or Z plan for retired Ford employees). Those are not generally available and if you can get it at dealer invoice that's about the best you're going to do, give or take a couple hundred bucks.

Thank you Kirby. That is the best I should be able to do then , shy of getting an A pin from someone. I certainly hope that Lincoln has not shot themselves in the foot with pricing of the new car. It is a nice car, just the same a four cyl turbo as a base engine , that does not have the refinement or quietness of the old 3.7, then asking $3000 for the six cyl is a big ask.

Escapeman - A plan is only for Ford employees. You can’t get an A plan pin unless you are an active employee. Employees can’t give you an A plan pin so that’s out of the question and your salesperson is an idiot for even mentioning it to you.

As for X plan - if you’re already getting the vehicle for dealer invoice then you’re $150 below X plan price already. Provided they aren’t charging an exorbitant doc fee.