Military Rebate on Navigator

GordonZoo

I guess it just comes down to I’m not buying a an 18 for X Plan price only and the residual is crazy high on a19.  I’ve bought a lot of vehicles and have never used the X Plan because I’ve gotten better deals. I understand the Navigator is fairly new but I’ve bought a lot of luxury brand vehicles and at least from a leasing standpoint the Navigator is the worst deal I’ve seen by far. I guess I need to decide how bad I want one. I’ve never not gotten the vehicle I’ve wanted but this might be the first,  just gotta decide how bad I want it. I like nice vehicles but I’m not stupid with my money either. 

Edited by C130

If you are in no hurry and can wait it out,  The hype will eventually slow when either the economy really slows down or the gas prices spike or Ford ups it output.  I rotate four vehicles so our low mileage lets us keep them around 10 years before we rotate another in.   We've found buying a better fit for us than Leasing since we hold on to them so long.  I too was blown away when at first I was shown the sticker price to be the actual price but it's what we wanted.   They are greedy because they are selling and supply is short.  I've bought with x-plan before because I didn't know any better but this time it's my only bargaining tool.  With that said, I also feel for what we're getting at it's price point is a bargain when compared to what's on the market.   We actually liked it better over any of the other high end offerings.   I didn't however drive a Land Rover or Volvo but preferred the ride and space of the Navigator over most of the competition I tested.

Wife's current lease isn't up until February 26th so we have a little time but not too much. I agree it is nicer than anything we've looked at. I like the looks, interior, and the price of the Volvo but it's not in the same league of the Navigator but it isn't priced like a Navigator also. My sister has a top of the line Range Rover, special limited edition, diesel, it is sharp, and it was expensive. Hard to beat as far as looks but I'm not overly impressed by the interior. I think part of it is a mental game for many potential buyers is Lincoln just doesn't equate to full MSRP and $90,000 plus vehicles. That might change but Lincoln has a long ways to go to be a major player in the SUV market and they have to convince many young or middle age luxury SUV buyers. Too many people equate the Lincoln to an old folks vehicle. The Navigator might change that but in my opinion they have a long ways to go but it's their first shot at it in my opinion.

Like I said,  it's the nicest SUV we've seen and our favorite but with what appears to be a small, limited, supply the dealers are in charge at this point. I think the limited supply is what is helping the dealers keep the prices up, very smart on Lincolns part. Local dealer told me they had very few new Navigators arriving anytime soon, like 2 or 3 in the next coupe of months. I talked to a dealer in Dallas today that had two 18's I was interested in. Guy was a complete jerk on the phone and told me he would not even think of honoring the X Plan on any 19's. He then informed me if I could buy one at X Plan to go somewhere else and buy it. Pretty pathetic for a manager, unprofessional in my opinion.  It wasn't necessarily the message, it was how he stated it. Part of the turn off for me has been the sales people, they need to lose the arrogance for people looking to purchase $90,000 plus vehicles. First dealer that actually acts like they would appreciate the business might get the deal no matter the location. 

Edited by C130

22 minutes ago, TexasAggie02 said:

My local dealer in San Antonio is honoring X-Plan on ‘19s. 

What dealer? Looked online today at Bluebonnet but they only showed two and both 2 wheel drive. Friend of mine in Bulverde buys from all of his trucks from them and told me to check them out.

North Park Lincoln.  I ordered a ‘19 Reserve on 11/1 - should be here in 2-3 weeks.  Long wait but hopefully worth it.  They didn’t blink at X Plan and accepted it right away.  Happy to put you in touch with my salesman.

We are on the younger age for Lincoln - 38 for my wife and I. 

• Like 1

Since Ford-Lincoln dealerships can not sell Black Label and have all the Ford lines to sell I suspect they get fewer Lincoln unit allocations (especially hot selling models like the 2018, 2019 Navigators) than the Lincoln - only dealers.  If this is correct, I would expect a Lincoln only dealership maybe more likely to honor an X plan purchase especially if you are willing to order and wait for it to be built.  We wanted Black Label (the Destination theme sold us) so had to go to Lincoln only dealer (about twice as far as the Ford-Lincoln dealer we had dealt with before).  The dealer had no problem doing our order on X plan.

1 minute ago, LHB said:

Since Ford-Lincoln dealerships can not sell Black Label and have all the Ford lines to sell I suspect they get fewer Lincoln unit allocations (especially hot selling models like the 2018, 2019 Navigators) than the Lincoln - only dealers.  If this is correct, I would expect a Lincoln only dealership maybe more likely to honor an X plan purchase especially if you are willing to order and wait for it to be built.  We wanted Black Label (the Destination theme sold us) so had to go to Lincoln only dealer (about twice as far as the Ford-Lincoln dealer we had dealt with before).  The dealer had no problem doing our order on X plan.

I thought hat was only true for new dealerships - I thought existing Ford/Lincoln BL dealers were grandfathered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akirby said:

I thought hat was only true for new dealerships - I thought existing Ford/Lincoln BL dealers were grandfathered.

Yes, it is a new policy. Existing joint dealerships with Black Label get to keep it. But to become a new Black Label dealer you now have to be stand alone. This thrills my dealership, one of only two BL dealers in the Washington DC metro area and the only stand-alone Lincoln dealer in the area (so far). They are anticipating selling lots of Black Label Aviator plug-in hybrids, with little local competition.

We went and picked up a new 2019 Reserve today, black with russet interior. Tow and cargo packages, Revel stereo, perfect position seats, allow weather floor mats. X Plan and zero markup on the money factor. Got it from Bayway Lincoln in Houston, very happy with the entire experience and everyone we dealt with was awesome.

Congrats on your Navi.   We got ours last night also.  Ours is Blue Diamond with Cappuccino.  WHAT A SWEET RIDE!  Wife said it was like we were floating down the road.   Also X-plan for us.   Ours is also loaded minus the Tow and different wheels.  Our Ram Eco Diesel is for the towing.   Since I started this thread I'm going to hijack it :)

With the lighter color seats I was looking for just a seat mat to keep bluejeans form discoloring the bottom.   Anyone here have a recommendation?  

Congratulations! I really like the cappuccino but wife decided against it. She was discussing the jeans and them rubbing off, used to do that in an XC90 we had. Yes, the ride is incredible! Pretty amazing vehicle  

You still in the military or out? I’ve been out since 03, it’s been a while. 

Edited by C130

I'm currently taking care of my Dad and he is living with us now.  The discount is good so long as a Vet lives in the same household.  My son is currently over in the mid east and my in-laws also are Military.   It skipped me for some reason.   The discount never made it to the Navigator.   It's still too hot of a sale.