Ford concept cars of yesteryear

You know, there's something about this that still looks pretty cool.

Looks like this is where Chevy got inspiration for it's logo placement on the Camaro SS....

This thing looks BETTER than the Camaro and I find that hilarious.

Edited by probowler

You know, there's something about this that still looks pretty cool.

Looks like this is where Chevy got inspiration for it's logo placement on the Camaro SS....

It looks good from that angle, but the profile seems a bit weird.

1990-Ford-ShocccWave-concept-right-front

Speaking of the probe, I read somewhere that the next gen probe actually turned into the cougar to get younger buyers to mercury. I remember liking the probe gt in high school and the new cougar. Heres the mc2 concept for that cougar.

1997%20Mercury%20MC2_04.jpg

This 1963 cougar II concept was pretty cool too

1963_Ford_Cougar_II_concept_Image-02.jpg

Edited by T-dubz

Speaking of the probe, I read somewhere that the next gen probe actually turned into the cougar to get younger buyers to mercury. I remember liking the probe gt in high school and the new cougar.

I remember that. My dad worked on the IP for that car. He was surprised when they killed the probe name and made it the new Cougar.

I've actually seen a couple wearing Ford badges but nothing else.

Mustang Country Squire concept...b8781d1369a43106ae5aac0f0f8837b0.jpg

I like it! Bitchin’ car. Unlike anything on the road today. Would sell like hot cakes especially if you could order various colors on the trim and paneling.

This would be my pick for the AWD Mustang and the 450 hp Ecoboost 3.5. A world beater!

• Like 1

When I become a car designer, I am going to push for funding of real concept cars for auto shows. Only design for what can go into production stifles the ability to design with innovation in mind. It doesn’t negate it completely but when you can design with little to no limitations, innovation happens and can pulled down into production vehicles.

It looks good from that angle, but the profile seems a bit weird.1990-Ford-ShocccWave-concept-right-front

Speaking of the probe, I read somewhere that the next gen probe actually turned into the cougar to get younger buyers to mercury. I remember liking the probe gt in high school and the new cougar. Heres the mc2 concept for that cougar.1997%20Mercury%20MC2_04.jpg

This 1963 cougar II concept was pretty cool too1963_Ford_Cougar_II_concept_Image-02.jpg

My first car was a 1993 Ford probe gt. I loved that thing. Fun to drive, handles great, felt like Japanese vehicle actually in terms of steering feel, handling, power train, etc. The probe shared a lot with the Mazda MX 6. Anyway, I ran over a curb at high speed and effed my probe. Sold it, bought a white 1994 probe GT. Both of these were manual. Great cars, can have a lot of maintenance but not terrible, and lots of spaces to lay with the seats flat and the hatch open at a drive in.

Or you just waste money getting people excited about a car that can’t possibly be built. Like the Interceptor or 427.

It’s good to get people excited about possibilities I think.

I love those concept cars. Yes it would be nice if they were built but a concept car is meant to show you what we can do in concept. Get people excited, and invested into what you can offer coming into the future even if it’s just an idea or a theme.