East Bound and Down!

They are actually low because the majority are bid fleet sales. No question pickup sales are far more important though.

No doubt. in particular 650 there are some big numbers with the likes of U-haul. And we all have seen a few UPS 650's running around although no one at OAP has volunteered how many "Buster Browns" they have seen going through the plant. Other than these two outfits, who else? I've seen Sunbelt and United Rentals both with 650 water trucks but that is it.

Fleet sales doesn't necessarily mean low margin. I'd bet Ford is getting higher margins than most because those mediums are using a lot of components shared across the F-Series line, leveraging their economies of scale. Yeah, there are some big items that aren't shared, but when the expensive parts of the powertrain are effectively being subsidized by the volumes of the F-250 and F-350, that has to be a tremendous cost savings.

No doubt-the "all Ford" power train, has to provide a good margin-but I also think it is hurting sales. Not everyone wants a V-8 diesel -that still may have the old 6.0/6.4 Power Stroke issues to deal with. to say nothing of a transmission that some perceive came out of a pick up. Cab structure including interior-home run from a cost perspective I would imagine-How many Super Dutys a year??