East Bound and Down!

Great new commercial with that tune that gets your ear. Some great shots featuring some old Fords but when you are trying to bring up those old Smokey and the Bandit images do you think perhaps they would show maybe a nice 650 or 750 dump truck pulling a tandem axle tag trailer with perhaps even a "Triple Nickel" Ford loader backhoe on it?

Yeah, you sold the tractor business but aren't you trying to bring back some good memories as well for your "old and loyal customers"- isn't that Farley's new target market?

C'mon Jim- make us old dudes feel good, Maybe even find a nice LTL-9000 pulling a Michigan Train and include that in the ad.

That would really set you apart from the Tundra crowd.

By the way, plenty of those triple nickels still earning their keep. Picked up a load of loam the other day and the Cat loader was at other end of job site so guess what- old Ford that was bought new by the owner did the job. Should have snapped some pix.

That is "Ford Proud"!

• Like 1

I'm thinking he would've liked at least an F-450, if not a 550-750.

Well considering they probably sell a few hundred pickups for every one of those and those buyers probably aren't swayed by a TV commercial, I don't see the issue.

Disappointed would be a much better word than lame in this case.

...perhaps even a "Triple Nickel" Ford loader backhoe on it?

I've got a 445 (little brother to the triple nickle) I picked up a few years back for general lifting/digging duties around my place. Thing's a beast. With filled tires and a 1000 lb counterweight on the three point, it'll lift my '95 F250 completely off the ground. (If you're wondering how exactly that was rigged - I've got a set of forks on a quick-tatch setup on the loader).

She popped the front input shaft seal on the transmission this past summer. Looks like I get to split it to replace a $10 seal. Not looking forward to that one!

I love it - but I am old school!

The millennial's at the office just laugh me off - as someone who is old, time has passed and dosen't have a clue...

Yes, it is nostalgic, and highly entertaining for an old Ford fan like me, but its not going to get those young people away from Toyota, Jeep, and Subaru!

I love it - but I am old school!

The millennial's at the office just laugh me off - as someone who is old, time has passed and dosen't have a clue...

Yes, it is nostalgic, and highly entertaining for an old Ford fan like me, but its not going to get those young people away from Toyota, Jeep, and Subaru!

True but most people buying those cars have no use for trucks. They want a CUV. This commercial is not for them.

Also as a sidenote, anyone who buys a Toyota Full Size truck is either A. a complete fanboy for Toyota or B. knows absolutely nothing about trucks or C. combo of A and B.

True but most people buying those cars have no use for trucks. They want a CUV. This commercial is not for them.

Also as a sidenote, anyone who buys a Toyota Full Size truck is either A. a complete fanboy for Toyota or B. knows absolutely nothing about trucks or C. combo of A and B.

or D. thinks domestic products are garbage. Which I guess is a variation on A.

• Like 1

Well considering they probably sell a few hundred pickups for every one of those and those buyers probably aren't swayed by a TV commercial, I don't see the issue.

I do believe Sooner nailed this issue-at least from my perspective. I don't think this new "campaign" is about pick ups or SUVs. I think it is about restoring "faith", "belief" whatever you want to call it in the Ford Motor Company. What would it cost to include true "commercial" trucks in that particular video? Not a lot-and it goes beyond this current marketing blitz. There are people on this site who were/are very familiar with big Ford trucks as well as tractors- and we have passed that appreciation on down to our kids- we do count.

With GM jumping back in to commercial class 4-6 with their new conventional, and with their LCF Chevy badged Isuzus, Ford commercial is under attack. I didn't mention Dodge-excuse me-Ram-but they as well.

No I have to believe "Lame" is a good term to use when you describe some of Ford's marketing. And this has been bugging me long before this East Bound spot. Everytime I see a 150- Super Duty ad and it goes from some guy towing his boat to a 350 pulling a skid steer I say.."what does it cost to have a 750 dump truck in the background"....The prospective buyer just may say..."Gee Ford builds big trucks too-they must learn something from that"...

By the way I have New England Cable News on and they are covering storm damage from high winds we had yesterday- In the reporters background a Blue Oval on the nose of an HN-80 Louisville loading broken trees.

I do believe Sooner nailed this issue-at least from my perspective. I don't think this new "campaign" is about pick ups or SUVs. I think it is about restoring "faith", "belief" whatever you want to call it in the Ford Motor Company. What would it cost to include true "commercial" trucks in that particular video? Not a lot-and it goes beyond this current marketing blitz. There are people on this site who were/are very familiar with big Ford trucks as well as tractors- and we have passed that appreciation on down to our kids- we do count.

With GM jumping back in to commercial class 4-6 with their new conventional, and with their LCF Chevy badged Isuzus, Ford commercial is under attack. I didn't mention Dodge-excuse me-Ram-but they as well.

No I have to believe "Lame" is a good term to use when you describe some of Ford's marketing. And this has been bugging me long before this East Bound spot. Everytime I see a 150- Super Duty ad and it goes from some guy towing his boat to a 350 pulling a skid steer I say.."what does it cost to have a 750 dump truck in the background"....The prospective buyer just may say..."Gee Ford builds big trucks too-they must learn something from that"...

By the way I have New England Cable News on and they are covering storm damage from high winds we had yesterday- In the reporters background a Blue Oval on the nose of an HN-80 Louisville loading broken trees.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Ford truck/van ads with F-6/750 dump trucks in the background

I've got a 445 (little brother to the triple nickle) I picked up a few years back for general lifting/digging duties around my place. Thing's a beast. With filled tires and a 1000 lb counterweight on the three point, it'll lift my '95 F250 completely off the ground. (If you're wondering how exactly that was rigged - I've got a set of forks on a quick-tatch setup on the loader).

She popped the front input shaft seal on the transmission this past summer. Looks like I get to split it to replace a $10 seal. Not looking forward to that one!

Ah-take care of that 445-they bring good $$ around here. My ag fairgrounds has a MF 65 as our general purpose tractor-but basically it just pulls wagons or runs a flail. Would love to get rid of it for a 445 if the budget allowed.

This isn't a general ad. This is very specifically an ad for Ford pickups. There are other ads that carry the general theme of the campaign.

https://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65881-built-ford-proud/&do=findComment&comment=1045574

We get that you love commercial trucks but 99.99% of Ford buyers couldn't care less and the ones that do care aren't going to buy one based on a TV commercial.

They are actually low because the majority are bid fleet sales. No question pickup sales are far more important though.

Fleet sales doesn't necessarily mean low margin. I'd bet Ford is getting higher margins than most because those mediums are using a lot of components shared across the F-Series line, leveraging their economies of scale. Yeah, there are some big items that aren't shared, but when the expensive parts of the powertrain are effectively being subsidized by the volumes of the F-250 and F-350, that has to be a tremendous cost savings.