Ranger starts production

Why would we wait till 2023 for a new Ranger? If anything it will be here in CY 2021-makes no sense to have the Bronco only on the new frame/platform for nearly 2-3 years. The new US Ranger is just a deep refresh of the current model and will be replaced in less then 4 years.

Why would we wait till 2023 for a new Ranger? If anything it will be here in CY 2021-makes no sense to have the Bronco only on the new frame/platform for nearly 2-3 years. The new US Ranger is just a deep refresh of the current model and will be replaced in less then 4 years.

They're talking about the T6 Gen 2, which is due in 2023.

• Like 1

And I assume that is model year 2023 which would put it out in 2022. I always planned to skip the first model year ranger so all the kinks can get worked out, so waiting two more years for a vehicle that I will keep for probably 10 yrs doesnt seem so long.

You're not paying attention again. Next-Gen ranger is 2023, possible arriving CY 2022 which is the 4-year span you would need to justify investment. Bronco is getting the new frame under 2019 Ranger. The platform attributes and modules will be updated further with Bronco (and 2021 F-150) but both of them share quite a bit of what's in Ranger today. This wasn't a mild rework.

Edited by Assimilator

You're not paying attention again. Next-Gen ranger is 2023, possible arriving CY 2022 which is the 4-year span you would need to justify investment. Bronco is getting the new frame under 2019 Ranger. The platform attributes and modules will be updated further with Bronco (and 2021 F-150) but both of them share quite a bit of what's in Ranger today. This wasn't a mild rework.

Not a mild rework? Really? They modified the ROW T6 frame to mount brackets for steel bumpers and maybe to fit the 10-speed but even that is questionable since the 10-speed in the Ranger has a smaller case. Most body changes are cosmetic. The cab structure doesn't appear to be much different at all. There is nothing earth shattering about the engine either. The same basic design is used in multiple other platforms. What else is there besides interior and electronics? Paint colors?

Not a mild rework? Really? They modified the ROW T6 frame to mount brackets for steel bumpers and maybe to fit the 10-speed but even that is questionable since the 10-speed in the Ranger has a smaller case. Most body changes are cosmetic. The cab structure doesn't appear to be much different at all. There is nothing earth shattering about the engine either. The same basic design is used in multiple other platforms. What else is there besides interior and electronics? Paint colors?

Exactly.

New Ranger=2019

Next gen Ranger 2023MY out in 2022.

But if the timing the Bronco is still to be believed-if it comes out early in 2020, wouldnt it be technically a 2021MY product? I have my doubts its launching by the end of next year-which is very disappointing

• Like 1

Rumor has it that Bronco is late CY2020, and global Ranger is not long after that (CY2021)
but maybe the US Ranger will be later than that, maybe late CY2021 or early CY2022.

I'm basically agreeing with you, I think Bronco will be first next gen T6 with Ranger a year after that.

Edited by jpd80