GRWD lives! Four door “Mustang” coming according to dealership meeting

What marketing? Nobody outside of enthusiasts knew it even existed.

The problem with the SS was twofold. It was too expensive and was redundant sitting on the same lot as the cheaper and similarly sized Impala.

Not to mention, the styling is from the 90's.

Look at the Kia stinger,great reviews, 4 doors, goes fast, is expensive compared to regular sedans, and is probably a great car, but the market for that type of vehicle is small so sales will be low. Assimilator is probably right though so it doesnt matter

• Like 1

Im sure all the Charger faithful who complained about the four door has had a big impact on Chrysler.

They also didn't keep it from going FWD.

Unlike Daimler-Chrysler and Fiasco, Ford actually has a history of listening.

ETA: for the pedantic, the Mustang faithful killed the plan for the Mustang to go FWD.

Edited by SoonerLS

They also didn't keep it from going FWD.

Unlike Daimler-Chrysler and Fiasco, Ford actually has a history of listening.

ETA: for the pedantic, the Mustang faithful killed the plan for the Mustang to go FWD.

The charger currently is and always has been rwd

I can post it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

The point is that Ford was going to move the Mustang to an FWD platform, but they got such a backlash from the Mustang faithful that they changed the plan. In short, Ford, unlike Fiasco, actually listens to the Mustang faithful.

Edited by SoonerLS

Dear God! STOP! This is FAKE NEWS!

I saw this unfold on that forum and I know all the details from the meeting and the product development plan, there is ABSOLUTELY NO 4-DOOR MUSTANG IN DEVELOPMENT and one wasn't announced. This was either a misinterpretation of news or a flat-out lie. The SuperCharged V8 Panamera comparison nonsense leads me to believe it's intentionally faked.

You won't find ANY person at the meeting who heard this.

Everybody is in for a massive disappointment if they are expediting this to happen.

I was waiting for this GRWD rumor to re-emerge, it's been going on and on since

the 2008 cancellation of GRWD with Ford on the cusp of a LincStang and a new

Falcon/T'bird.........it's getting very old now and pretty obvious that Ford has moved on.

• Like 1

I was waiting for this GRWD rumor to re-emerge, it's been going on and on since

the 2008 cancellation of GRWD with Ford on the cusp of a LincStang and a new

Falcon/T'bird.........it's getting very old now and pretty obvious that Ford has moved on.

This was "I heard from a guy who heard from another guy...", and then that ridiculous forum bought into it and made it a news story without referencing the nonsense source. Drives me crazy when I see Fake news unfold in-front of my eyes.

The Mach1 EV does look like a 4-door Mustang similar in design and profile to the Porsche Panamera and Audi A7...it doesn't to me but others will describe it that way because the form factor and design is a little exotic. The same event revealed the GT500 which has the Boosted V8. So that's probably how we got this mash-up dream story.

But I can't state it clearly and more confidently enough, this is NOT a product Ford is working on or has announced. So please, don't spread this!

Nevermind Ford has already said (and explained why) they are not making anymore sedans. Once you see Explorer, Espcape, and especially Mach1...you'll understand why.

I can't believe people bought into this so quickly. It's just proof people will buy into anything they want to hear and not question the truth.

Edited by Assimilator

If they must completly muck up the heritage and lineage they should at least call the 4-foor the Talledaga....didn't these arrogant assholes learn anything from the probe debacle??....evidently not

You're getting angry at Ford because of fake news? This story is false, it's not happening.

Edited by Assimilator

This was "I heard from a guy who heard from another guy...", and then that ridiculous forum bought into it and made it a news story without referencing the nonsense source. Drives me crazy when I see Fake news unfold in-front of my eyes.

The Mach1 EV does look like a 4-door Mustang similar in design and profile to the Porsche Panamera and Audi A7...it doesn't to me but others will describe it that way because the form factor and design is a little exotic. The same event revealed the GT500 which has the Boosted V8. So that's probably how we got this mash-up dream story.

But I can't state it clearly and more confidently enough, this is NOT a product Ford is working on or has announced. So please, don't spread this!

Nevermind Ford has already said (and explained why) they are not making anymore sedans. Once you see Explorer, Espcape, and especially Mach1...you'll understand why.

I can't believe people bought into this so quickly. It's just proof people will buy into anything they want to hear and not question the truth.

Any chance we'll see an gas "Mach 1" ?.

Any chance we'll see an gas "Mach 1" ?.

No chance, the platform is very specifically designed as an EV, it's very Tesla-like in it's packaging with a long wheelbase and huge battery sled in the center. The battery sled is modular, designed to be easily/cheaply serviced.

Edited by Assimilator

I can post it for you, but I can't understand it for you.

The point is that Ford was going to move the Mustang to an FWD platform, but they got such a backlash from the Mustang faithful that they changed the plan. In short, Ford, unlike Fiasco, actually listens to the Mustang faithful.

I know what you're talking about RE: the fwd/probe mustang drama from the early 90s. I just don't see what that could possibly have to do with challenger/charger. If chrysler/fiat had actually threatened to change them to fwd, then I could see an analogy. But chrysler/fiat has never even floated the idea. So I don't see any analogy to Ford's mustang/probe drama of the early 90s.

I know what you're talking about RE: the fwd/probe mustang drama from the early 90s. I just don't see what that could possibly have to do with challenger/charger. If chrysler/fiat had actually threatened to change them to fwd, then I could see an analogy. But chrysler/fiat has never even floated the idea. So I don't see any analogy to Ford's mustang/probe drama of the early 90s.

Ahem.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_(L-body)

The statement about changing to FWD has nothing to do with Chrysler; that was entirely about Ford listening to its customers, specifically when it comes to the Mustang. The analogy is between DaimlerChrysler/Fiasco not giving a flip about what Charger fans want (2-door vs. 4-door) while Ford very much cares what Mustang fans want (RWD vs. FWD).

• Like 1