2019 fusion energi has no front sensors or park assist? WHY?

Those two features are available on the closely-related 2019 MKZ Hybrid but only on the top trim level, Reserve II. The nomenclature is Enhanced Active Park Assist (includes Forward Sensing System) and it is standard (included) on the Reserve II trim.

Have you checked the options available for the 19 Fusions you mentioned to see if theyre there as available options?

The 2018 Fusion hybrid and energi had the platinum trim level. They took away that trim level in 2019 and at the same time took away the park assist and front sensing system. I took a long test drive in a 2019 titanium fusion energi (my father just purchased one) and also searched online. Unless I'm completely blind, it's not an option. The only version that has it (as far as I can tell in the 2019 fusion) is the V6 sport fusion.

Edited by lowfatdog

Fusion had that? I thought it was only on utilities.

I don't think it did. I checked out of habit. It would have been great if it did. it has pretty much everything else.

I'm surprised the Energi lineup is being decontented. They are very nice cars. I figure for the last years, go out with a bang.

I'm surprised the Energi lineup is being decontented. They are very nice cars. I figure for the last years, go out with a bang.

Why surprised, this is what Ford always does when it kills a model. Remember the Fusion is on it's last legs and Ford is ending its life soon hence usual Ford advance sabotage to prove the car ain't selling worth a damn.

Edited by MKII
  • Like 1

Its not just the fusion, look at the new edge and only the titanium and st have an option for it, being part of a $4k package. Id imagine its not a popular option or its expensive and ford thinks buyers wont shell out the money for it on lower level trims. I think thats a good call. Ive had my fusion since 2013 and not once have I had to parallel park.