Ford BEV (Mach1) Sneak Peak

Why is there a Mustang on it? That indent where a would be is weird. But the lighted Mustang and that large unused space gives me an idea, put a message board in there so you can tell other cars to move over or turn their lights on, or that an officer with a radar gun is nearby. Or Happy Halloween or Hey Neighbor!

Edited by Fordowner

The design is VERY heavily influenced by Mustang, it even has the same body sculpting and signature taillights. It looks AMAZING. Not sure how much of it will change before production however.

I couldn't be happier with the fascia, one of the problems with a carmaker's transition to electric is that they tend to preserve the signature of their brand by using a typical grille which makes no sense. You can see they've come up with an attractive way of adding Ford's visual signature while clearly stating this is an EV.

So freaking excited by what Ford is doing.

This is an SUV btw!

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 2

Why is there a Mustang on it? That indent where a would be is weird. But the lighted Mustang and that large unused space gives me an idea, put a message board in there so you can tell other cars to move over or turn their lights on, or that an officer with a radar gun is nearby. Or Happy Halloween or Hey Neighbor!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/volkswagen-matrix-headlight-taillight-technology/

That's interesting stuff, I could also see lights used as part of the pedestrian crash avoidance. The lane marking lights remind me of the extension of the puddle jumper lights - which by the way the Mustang puddle jumper Mustang illumination on my 2018 I really like.

As to dealing with the grill, yea, I certainly can't come up with a better idea, Reminds me of how I still find the Telsa 3 front end odd. Though if a grill isn't functional why have it. Wonder if they could put wind turbines behind the grill to charge the batteries.

I couldn't be happier with the fascia, one of the problems with a carmaker's transition to electric is that they tend to preserve the signature of their brand by using a typical grille which makes no sense. You can see they've come up with an attractive way of adding Ford's visual signature while clearly stating this is an EV.

Clever way of styling the front end, much better than the Model 3’s faux grille.

I hope all off the sharp creases make it into production. Especially that sculptured hood.

I would prefer that rather than whatever the model 3 has

Agreed.

That said, going off of that screenshot, it appears the front end IS all one color (no dark gray "grille" like on the Model S), but it frames part of the bumper to look like a grille, but it's the same color.

Agreed.

That said, going off of that screenshot, it appears the front end IS all one color (no dark gray "grille" like on the Model S), but it frames part of the bumper to look like a grille, but it's the same color.

I get what Tesla was trying to do with the 3 and I like the idea, I just think they did a poor job on execution.

When is the Mach1 supposed to arrive? I just get a little irritated when Ford shows a product/teases one and then doesnt launch it for 2 years...

There was an attribute mule running around in the past six months-Id say a launch within the next 18 months, if not sooner is very possible.

The thing to watch for is when the Mexican plants go down for retooling.

There was an attribute mule running around in the past six months-Id say a launch within the next 18 months, if not sooner is very possible.

Lets hope its sooner; but the most important thing is that its a fully baked product. I wonder if Lincoln will get a variant.

If I still lived in the Detroit area, I'd be camped out around the corner of Michigan Avenue and Rosa Parks Blvd.