2020 Mustang Shelby gt500

I seriously can't imagine why Ford shared this image then. This is not an Autoblog render but a Ford sourced image from a Ford ad. https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/19/ford-mustang-hybrid-commercial-image/

If this is the Mach 1, why is a Mustang logo on it? Is it possible they are going to sub brand the Mustang on this EV? If so, bad idea on their part.

That is the Mach1 SUV, believe it or not. It looks like a Mustang EV/SUV, even has the signature Mustang taillights, hips, and rear glass. It looks amazing, proves Ford's point about compelling new silhouettes that don't have to be sedans.

As for the Mustang badge...they weren't kidding about the Mustang connection. Seems iffy to me, it may not survive to production...regardless the design looks like a Mustang and even has that long RWD wheelbase. This is all Farley's influence, originally it looked kind of boring, like an Edge...Farley involved the Mustang in the redesign. It's a little bonkers but it's working for me, especially sine Farley moved it up market and turned into a performance EV instead of just a 300-Mile compact EV as it was originally billed. Much of this was correcting Mark Field's notoriously timid and restrained product approach which focused almost entirely on analysis instead of leadership instincts. The C-EV as it was originally called would have been a compliance product more than a Tesla competitor and would likely have flopped. This won't, I can guarantee that! Watching Ford fix itself in real-time is fascinating, shows how flexible the company is and how determined the are to get it right and not just ship product according to industry templates.

Edited by Assimilator

The bolt is a good car with good range, but its boring to look at and its a chevy. Its not the status symbol that a Tesla is, and it doesnt sell anywhere close to Tesla. Ford better get this right or the Mach 1 will be the Microsoft zune compared to Tesla as the iPod. It sounds like they are going the opposite path of the bolt which is A good thing

Edited by T-dubz

The bolt is a good car with good range, but its boring to look at and its a chevy. Its not the status symbol that a Tesla is, and it doesnt sell anywhere close to Tesla. Ford better get this right or the Mach 1 will be the Microsoft zune compared to Tesla as the iPod. It sounds like they are going the opposite path of the bolt which is A good thing

And adding the Mustang logo to the car fixes the issue the bolt has with “being a Chevy.” From a marketing stand point, it benefits Ford to attach the Mach1 in name and logo to something with a broad and greater heritage and appeal.

One of the big advantages Tesla has is the supercharger network. I wish ford would team with others and develop a competing game network.

Competing is the problem and what’s stalling growth. These charging networks and stations should work universally as does gas stations. They need to work together to build a charging network to support real growth in electric vehicle ownership.

One of the big advantages Tesla has is the supercharger network. I wish ford would team with others and develop a competing game network.

I suspect Tesla is reluctant to partner with any major auto manufacturer for fear of those manufacturers products gaining significant traction and overcrowding their niche. Its a tactical advantage for the time being.

It seems like it would be a good option for Ford, GM, and FCA to jointly put a system in to give them a domestic tactical advantage.

The was an article a few days ago concerning Electrify America that talked about building out a network. They have something about it on their website - https://www.electrifyamerica.com.

Edited by CurtisH