Built Ford Proud!

It looks awesome, so much to be proud of here. Worth the wait to get it awesome.

Anything more you can tell us about it? About the exterior/interior design? I'm going into auto design so that peaks my interest the most.

From people that's seen it, they all say it looks amazing. I wish ownership in Ford stock came with sneak peaks! I'd be a happy investor.

This will be performance oriented? and a 2020 model along with the Explorer and Escape? So we'll be seeing it fairly soon?

I'm wondering if Ford will offer "Tesla-like" self-driving capabilities. That's a huge selling point for me when I think of owning this type of vehicle.

$40k+ I'm expecting

Anything more you can tell us about it? About the exterior/interior design? I'm going into auto design so that peaks my interest the most.

From people that's seen it, they all say it looks amazing. I wish ownership in Ford stock came with sneak peaks! I'd be a happy investor.

This will be performance oriented? and a 2020 model along with the Explorer and Escape? So we'll be seeing it fairly soon?

I'm wondering if Ford will offer "Tesla-like" self-driving capabilities. That's a huge selling point for me when I think of owning this type of vehicle.

$40k+ I'm expecting

Personally, I doubt you will touch it for $40k. I would say $60k+...

$40k+ I'm expecting

I don't know what the interior looks like but I do know it has a very large vertical display stack similar to Tesla. The interface is called "Project Menlo" and I've bee able to play with it.

They do have some brashness... some balls if you will. BUT, and this is an important distinction, they have appropriate context to back them up. It's a campaign built on pride in their past, their present, and their future. It's not an easy balance to find but the tone of these is *perfect*.

Eh...I like the slogan but the commercial does a poor job indicating progress or generating excitement for the future. It will make sense eventually, but for now it's a little too much nostalgia and I instinctively cringe at that. I get what they are trying to do, but it's not realized in this spot IMO.

More ironic is that Ford is a guilty contributor to the TED Talk prognostications which is parodied here.

Yeah, now they just need to show the "future" stuff. I think these may have been pushed out a bit early.....I'd have liked to see them put out simultaneously with a big 'reveal' push, THEN it could look like "yeah, they're talking, here's what we're doing.

Now I'm sure there will be follow-up ads that will show some of the new stuff. But I like the ones here.

BTW, this is the Mach1.

OK, now I'm confused. Is this the Mach 1 as originally intended where it's the 4-door electric sporty crossover? Or is this indeed the Mustang Hybrid coming 2020 with the gas V8/electric hybrid that will now be called Mach 1? Just wanted to make sure. I see lots of articles published today saying that the Mach 1 seems to have moved over to the Mustang Hybrid after public outcry of the name potentially being used on the electric crossover.

Edited to add: I now seen your comments on other threads here that indicates this is the Mach 1 electric SUV. Disregard my previous question above as I now got my answer from you in other threads.

Why would it have a mustang logo on it? Are they planning on making mustang its own brand?

That's what I'm wondering. I'm hoping that this is just the next generation Mustang coming 2020 as 2021 and this particular car is the Hybrid which will carry the Mach 1 name. Meanwhile, the 4-door electric crossover vehicle will now have a different name instead of Mach 1 as originally announced at last January's Detroit Auto Show.

Edited by pffan1990

It's really quite simple, that is the Mach1 EV Crossover that's been in planning for 2020. The Next-Gen Mustang will have a Hybrid V8 so it's safe to say it won't look like a faceless EV regardless, and it's further in the future and still in development. As for the Mustang badge, you have to ask Farley, that's his thing, he wanted it tied to Mustang in design and branding.

The Mach1 here is actually a CG render, so it's subject to change.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

It's really quite simple, that is the Mach1 EV Crossover that's been in planning for 2020. The Next-Gen Mustang will have a Hybrid V8 so it's safe to say it won't look like a faceless EV regardless, and it's further in the future and still in development. As for the Mustang badge, you have to ask Farley, that's his thing, he wanted it tied to Mustang in design and branding.

The Mach1 here is actually a CG render, so it's subject to change.

Thanks so much for the explanation. Makes sense that it was Jim Farley who pushed for the Mustang badge/logo as he was the one who spoke numerous times about the white space silhouettes which will have so much emotion to it. I suppose we will see what it will actually look like if the image was a CG render which I was not aware of until now. I'm looking forward to the Mustang Hybrid details as well as even this EV crossover which should be coming soon in the months ahead.

Edited by pffan1990

I’ve been watching East Bound and Down every time I see it - sometimes 2 or 3 times. Great commercial!

I saw a couple of the new ads several times while watching football over the weekend. They're the best Ford ads I've seen in a long time, right up there with the best F150 and Mustang ads.