Quickest 100% bone stock 18 Mustang GT run on factory 255 tires.

LSchicago

Your track must be well prepped...maybe VHT further down the strip. Those Pirelli tires are notorious for wheel hop when they break traction. I could never use my drag mode with them. Another A10 owner who runs at my track had the same issue.

My car only wheel hopped once. Every 1-2 shift it spun for about a car length.

Do they give you a time at the 1/8 mile. Way back when I raced my 1979 Mustang it was on a 1/8 mile track, Oxford Plains Speedway in Maine. Mine was always under nine which was considered very respectable for a street legal car on that track.

It's in the pic in the first post. 7.780@94.05 MPH in the 1/8th.

• 1 month later...

Your car runs exceptionally well, LSchicago.   No doubt about that.   What amazes me most is how you avoid the violent wheel hop with those Pirelli tires.   There have been several guys run at my track with those and they dang near rip the rear suspension out on the 1-2 shift.   Until I got better rubber, I couldn't use drag mode at all.  I just had to run in sport mode and still got more wheel hop than was healthy for the car.   

34 minutes ago, brucelinc said:

Being just a bit smaller around will give you a tiny bit more effective gear.  The wheels are a bit heavier, though.   They should hook better so you will likely see improvement.

The wheels themselves are lighter than the BAP 8.5" wide rims. The 19X11's are 24.5 pounds, but the tires are 35 pounds each.  These wheels even though they are huge still weigh about 4 pounds lighter than the factory PP wheels, and within 2 pounds of the 8.5" BAP wheels. 

Edited by LSchicago

• 2 months later...

I am curious as to what a "Bone Stock" 18/19 EB with the PP and 10 SPD will do. Has anyone seen this car run at a track? The only review of an 18 EB with the PP and 10 SPD was conducted by Motor Trend, who more-often-than-not, gets slower times than anyone else. They got 13.9@97.2 and 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. Early 2015 EB's with the PP and 6 SPD automatic were running these numbers (or slightly better!). Anyone read, heard or seen differently? Thanks!

In the Mustang 6g forum, someone posted a 13.97 @ 98.3 timeslip.   That was the best of several runs.   He is in Phoenix where the Density Altitude was 1400 feet when he ran.   That seems pretty typical.

The EB is torquey engine that doesn't really like high rpm.   The 10 speed doesn't help it nearly as much as it does the high winding 5.0.   Camaros do not benefit nearly as much from the 10 speed, either, for the same reason.