'19 Ranger Accessory List Leaked

Better come in with the A game right out of the blocks since I see that 'All American' boy Chuck Norris is now promoting Japanese trucks. Seems like the competition feels the Ranger will be credible and is already making moves. We know the Toyota will be the top seller no matter how good the Ranger is. There is such a large loyal customer base that won't shop any other brand. These accessories will help - around here people actually use their trucks to carry gear up USFS roads deep into the Rockies.

Edited by Kev-Mo

We know the Toyota will be the top seller no matter how good the Ranger is.

I dunno about that-it might take a couple of years, but IMO I think the Ranger has a good shot of taking that title from the Taco in 5-10 years, if they are as aggressive with it as they are with the F-series.

Hopefully they will can come up with an option to make the HVAC/Radio controls in the center stack look more attractive/up to date.

The center stack looks okay-I thing the design is a consession if people actually do work with it and have gloves on

Then again I like my captive touch buttons on my 2013 SHO before they replaced them with physical buttons when sync 3 Camry out.

I dunno about that-it might take a couple of years, but IMO I think the Ranger has a good shot of taking that title from the Taco in 5-10 years, if they are as aggressive with it as they are with the F-series.

I doubt very much that it'll take Ford more than a couple of years to reclaim the best selling title. There's a lot of pent up demand for the new Ranger and Ford will utilize it's Ford Built Tough legacy to promote the new Ranger. And just as the competition changes its vehicles to compete, Ford will leap frog the competition and introduce the next generation Ranger with new and class leading features much in the way that Ford has succeeded with the F-Series.

Doesnt Toyota produce the Tacoma at two plants? One in Texas it shares with the Tundra/Sequoia and I think its also made in Mexico (used to be California).

If so, Ford wont have the capacity to outproduce them.

According to Wikipedia, MAP can produce 5,300 units per week. If they're down for a month each year, that's still around 250,000 units per year.

I don't think keeping up with Toyota will be an issue.

According to Wikipedia, MAP can produce 5,300 units per week. If they're down for a month each year, that's still around 250,000 units per year.

I don't think keeping up with Toyota will be an issue.

I don't know if this is changing with the Ranger, but when we were building the Focus, the line was capable of running just as fast as Dearborn truck, though we rarely ever did.

At the end We would build about 605-615 per 10 hour shift

So what's the plan for Ranger production, is it just one shift until Bronco begins?

Yes. They absolutely will NOT add a second shift before Bronco production regardless of what the demand for Ranger production is.

There's going to be a lot of games played with the union if the need for overtime is very high. Kind of makes me glad I'm somewhat isolated from that stupidity.

Yes. They absolutely will NOT add a second shift before Bronco production regardless of what the demand for Ranger production is.

There's going to be a lot of games played with the union if the need for overtime is very high. Kind of makes me glad I'm somewhat isolated from that stupidity.

Hmm, I'm beginning to see exactly what you mean

Let's say Ranger sales equal that of Colorado in US and Canada, that could mean 12,000/mth or 3,000/ 5 day week (600/Day)

Are they going to be able to keep up with that on one shift of 8 hours or will it be a 10 hour shift?

Edited by jpd80

Hmm, I'm beginning to see exactly what you mean

Let's say Ranger sales equal that of Colorado in US and Canada, that could mean 12,000/mth or 3,000/ 5 day week (600/Day)

Are they going to be able to keep up with that on one shift of 8 hours or will it be a 10 hour shift?

All Ford US assembly plants run 10 hour shifts now

Chevy couldn't surpass the Toyota Taliban - errrr-Tacoma, with a far superior offering, so what makes anyone think millennial's are going to defect to Ford?

That's my point. The Colorado wipes the floor with the Toyota, but the buyers remain loyal to Toyota. Why would this customer defect to Ford if they didn't defect to Chevy?

2 reasons. 1. When the Colorado went on hiatus for a few years most of those buyers probably went to Toyota rather than sticking with a full size GM truck and 2 the new Colorado is rather meh. It's doing well but it's not going to win over many new buyers.

That's my point. The Colorado wipes the floor with the Toyota, but the buyers remain loyal to Toyota. Why would this customer defect to Ford if they didn't defect to Chevy?

Look at how many mid-sized truck buyers went elsewhere in the mid 2000s but mostly to utilities.

So there's an opportunity to grow Ranger by drawing from a much larger pool of today's utility buyers

more than cannibalizing Colorado or Tacoma sales.

Edited by jpd80