2015 F350 High Pressure Fuel Pump replacement

drifter13

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WSM= WorkShop Manual. 

I have seen aftermarket tanks cause issues with diesels because they overwhelm the stock system with excess water or, in some cases welding slag from the tank's production that was not cleaned. A bigger factor is not to EVER use products that contain alcohol or other water dispersant. 

AS for the PS reservoir, it has no need to be filled to the max. But sometimes what happens is they fill it to max and it works an air pocket out during the process, resulting in a level at minimum. I wouldnt get too carried away with chasing that, as long as you are not losing fluid. 

Some of the aftermarket tanks have less than adequate venting and water tightness. I.e. It rains and fills the tank with water. Get too much water in one and you will fill the water separator and bypass it, sending water to the pump.  Personally, I'd want at least a water separator between the aux and stock tanks. 

The in-bed Transferflow Trax3 tank I have is covered with a Bak Revolver bed cover most of the time, only open when towing and fueling, using cetane booster regularly. The auxiliary tank has a filter ahead of the pump on it. Great idea will look into how it can be done, mount it somewhere in the bed between the systems.