New Slogan? Ford Proud?

Full retreat? Seriously?

New Ranger/Bronco/Baby Bronco. New RWD Aviator and Explorer. Hybrids and PHEVs across the lineup including utilities which nobody else is doing (to the same extent).

Just because they’re not moving forward with some vehicles that you might like doesn’t mean they’re retreating, just changing course.

Its NOT Ford Proud, its Built Ford Proud.

Its phenomenal and builds off of Built Ford Tough.

Ive gotten an early preview and I think its some of the best advertising theyve done since Have you driven a Ford lately?

Please wait until you see the national ads. I really think you will all enjoy them.

Edited by ExplorerDude

Its NOT Ford Pride, its Built Ford Pride.

Ive gotten an early preview and I think its some of the best advertising theyve done since Have you driven a Ford lately?

Please wait until you see the national ads. I really think you will all enjoy them.

Did you go the dealer thing? If so any thing else to report?

Yes sir! Honestly nothing new to report on from whats already been reported here.

New Explorer is a stunner and should do very well. New Escape is like a Focus Active on steroids, Im really not digging it at all. It will sell like a CRV and RAV4 does, but it has become an appliance.

I will say that the Mach 1 BEV is one of the best designs Ive ever seen from the blue oval. Still no name though. Thats gonna be a tough decision to get that right.

Its NOT Ford Pride, its Built Ford Pride.

We’d rather completely overreact especially when there isn’t much else going on.

• Like 4

Yes sir! Honestly nothing new to report on from whats already been reported here.

New Explorer is a stunner and should do very well. New Escape is like a Focus Active on steroids, Im really not digging it at all. It will sell like a CRV and RAV4 does, but it has become an appliance.

I will say that the Mach 1 BEV is one of the best designs Ive ever seen from the blue oval. Still no name though. Thats gonna be a tough decision to get that right.

Glad to hear! The Escape is a little concerning since the Focus Active supposedly didnt do too well in focus groups here.

ANTAUS, on 15 Oct 2018 - 9:24 PM, said:snapback.png

Groups adopting and hijacking common English words as their own does not in fact change meaning of the word. If that becomes normalized, then we enter very slippery slope territory. It is Ok for anyone to be 'proud' of your history, your success, and your legacy no matter what the special interests think

Good point, interesting the reference to the "Proud Boys" group went right past me until I saw this article this morning - https://www.yahoo.com/news/proud-boys-street-gang-had-170058369.html

Footage shot by video journalist Sandi Bachom shows a group of Proud Boys setting upon three anti-fascist protesters on a street on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, then beating them on the ground while screaming homophobic slurs.

“Do you feel brave now, faggot?” one of the attackers yelled, according to two journalists on the scene. Another video shows multiple attackers yelling “faggot.”

How deranged can people be? Do these F*cks think fascists are being unfairly discriminated against? As a white male I just don't comprehend white males feeling that by being a white male they are being treated unfairly. Be Proud but don't be Stupid....or a criminal which these Proud boys clearly are.

Is it "Built Ford Pride" or "Built Ford Proud"? The first doesn't make any sense.

Escape is pretty nice looking, but it's noticeably lower which makes it look small compared to everything else. Ford's Crossovers are going very low to the ground with a focus on economy and performance. It does look quite a bit like the new focus and Focus Active in particular, especially the body surfacing and rear. It's still taller than Active with more visual details up front to offset the low dominating grille with more aggressive swept back headlights and a wider lower fascia detail. Overall it looks like a slightly less sexy CX5. The interior is what you expect, basically the Focus which I'm not overly excited by. My impression is that the Escape almost looks like a segment below, geared toward more value and fun than luxury or utility like the new CRV or RAV4 in particular. I don't see how they grow sales with this, seems like they made something they wanted and not something the market was specifically looking for. Either way, Ford is still doing a good job not making appliances which is something.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

My impression is that the Escape almost looks like a segment below, geared toward more value and fun than luxury or utility like the new CRV or RAV4 in particular. I don't see how they grow sales with this, seems like they made something they wanted and not something the market was specifically looking for. Either way, Ford is still doing a good job not making appliances which is something.

Well Ford is going to have a lot of choices in this price range in the next couple of years. I sure dont get a luxury vibe from either the RAV4 or CR-V. If thats what you want-can always upgrade to the Corsair or what ever they are calling it.

• Like 1

Is it "Built Ford Pride" or "Built Ford Proud"? The first doesn't make any sense.

Escape is pretty nice looking, but it's noticeably lower which makes it look small compared to everything else. Ford's Crossovers are going very low to the ground with a focus on economy and performance. It does look quite a bit like the new focus and Focus Active in particular, especially the body surfacing and rear. It's still taller than Active with more visual details up front to offset the low dominating grille with more aggressive swept back headlights and a wider lower fascia detail. Overall it looks like a slightly less sexy CX5. The interior is what you expect, basically the Focus which I'm not overly excited by. My impression is that the Escape almost looks like a segment below, geared toward more value and fun than luxury or utility like the new CRV or RAV4 in particular. I don't see how they grow sales with this, seems like they made something they wanted and not something the market was specifically looking for. Either way, Ford is still doing a good job not making appliances which is something.

Since the Escape appears to be going with a softer look, I suppose this is where the Bronco and Baby Bronco are supposed to pick up the slack with the more upright boxy look.

• Like 1

Ford will have lots of choices in the Escape area, right now Escape is carrying all the weight for Ford's entry-level now that so much has been axed and EcoSport remains a struggler.

I should also mention that the Escape has some details similar to the Edge in the rear fascia, although expressed differently. You get the wider vertical slots for example, although Escape is a little more angular and less integrated.

As for luxury, CX5 and CR-V in particular have higher-end finishes and amenities now. The interiors are more richly finished. The difference in Ford's case is that the Escape has always targeted a lower price point with Edge above it. I get the impression that unlike the others, Escape will probably stay a little lower in the segment and focus on staying price competitive. I know they also have to get costs down on Escape so it's probably not gong to look more upscale, but it's definitely more current.

Edited by Assimilator

Ford will have lots of choices in the Escape area, right now Escape is carrying all the weight for Ford's entry-level now that so much has been axed and EcoSport remains a struggler.

I should also mention that the Escape has some details similar to the Edge in the rear fascia, although expressed differently. You get the wider vertical slots for example, although Escape is a little more angular and less integrated.

As for luxury, CX5 and CR-V in particular have higher-end finishes and amenities now. The interiors are more richly finished. The difference in Ford's case is that the Escape has always targeted a lower price point with Edge above it. I get the impression that unlike the others, Escape will probably stay a little lower in the segment and focus on staying price competitive. I know they also have to get costs down on Escape so it's probably not gong to look more upscale, but it's definitely more current.

Ironic that in an ATP-driven world, they'd push to have a lower end vehicle.

Keep in mind that VW had a $30 Billion hiding from diesel not long ago and Audi just received another $900 Million fine in Germany,

I think they will be looking to conserve cash where ever they can and that could point to a strong alliance with Ford.

Edited by jpd80

Just like the Molson and Coors families. Didn't stop them from merging.

If anything it will make them more likely to merge, they can structure the new company where they have more voting rights in the new company. The Family and Lower Saxony control VW, Just like the Ford family controls Ford. Makes merging much easier. Its the family dynamics that can be interesting. Do the Ford's have a place in Austria?

If VW and Ford do merge there will be massive consolidation in the industry. This isn't 1998 with Daimler needing Chryslers cash flow to restructuring and update models, this is a huge shift in the industry to electric, ride sharing and non-vehicle ownership models. This industry is going to change dramatically over the next 5 years, world wide markets are starting to slow down, commodities are going up manufactures are going to need to cut costs and consolidate.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1