New Slogan? Ford Proud?

Found this buried here

http://www.autonews.com/article/20181015/OEM/181019765/ford-hackett-layoffs

Some other stuff:

Ford's dealer network also is eager for more direction from Hackett. He and his team will answer their questions this week at Ford's national dealer meeting in Las Vegas.

The company expects 4,000 to 5,000 dealers and dealership employees to attend. Over 28 hours, they'll hear from executives; see new products, including the next-generation Escape and Explorer; preview accessories for upcoming off-road utilities; and get to drive or ride in vehicles such as the upcoming Ranger midsize pickup and the GT supercar at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Retailers will hear about Ford's sales strategy for its newest products. And they'll get the first glimpse of an advertising campaign debuting in the fourth quarter that's expected to use the slogan "Ford Proud."

"It's the right medicine at the right time," Rhett Ricart, CEO of Ricart Automotive Group in Groveport, Ohio, and a Ford dealer council member, said. "I think it will be a huge jolt for dealers' attitudes."

"proud"...wow... hmm I'm gay and I'll say that "proud and pride" are words usually used to associate with "Alternative lifestyle"...this is piss more IMO. Personally, cut the BS and bring "have you driven a Ford lately", which was one of their strongest campaigns. Let's work on facts, when you're having to update your advertising campaign everything 2-3 years, it means what you have, sucks...so keep trying...whos 'responsible for this, I want names...? Honestly, the past 20 years of Ford advertising has been abysmal... Like,Third world like.. like poverty-stricken, in the hood, cardboard container, poor job of it.

"'Ford Proud' of what's coming up. We really have some cool rides in the future...honestly. We won't commit to when they're actually going to be available, but they're coming. Oh...and we're going to continue to sell you shit that's been in production for 8 years. But we've got some really cool rides in the future...honestly. We're going to discontinue all cars & try to save our asses with our trucks. But we've got some really cool rides coming up in the future...honestly. This is what makes us 'Ford Proud' "

Geezus what a clusterf*ck this company has

become.

Edited by 351cid
  • Like 2

"'Ford Proud' of what's coming up. We really have some cool rides in the future...honestly. We won't commit to when they're actually going to be available, but they're coming. Oh...and we're going to continue to sell you shit that's been in production for 8 years. But we've got some really cool rides in the future...honestly. We're going to discontinue all cars & try to save our asses with our trucks. But we've got some really cool rides coming up in the future...honestly. This is what makes us 'Ford Proud' "

Geezus what a clusterf*ck this company has

become.

That's like George R. R. Martin saying when the next GoT book is coming out

it's coming, I promise!

Side bar, Ive seen part of the new Escape! That floor pan looks like a floor pan :hilarious:

Personally I don't like it because it's very uninspired and comes across as very lazy. It's almost like they aren't even trying anymore.

I get that, but you aren't going to turn around a car company with a slogan, especially if you don't have the product to back it up. I'm not a big fan of it either, but in the grand scheme of things, I know it's the least of their worries.

Look at all you Negative Nancies getting your panties in a bind over a slogan. Good grief.

Frustration created by the current management. Just one more example of how inept FoMoCo has become. Their marketing is the worst in the car business currently.

To me; this is like GM putting that little badge on their fenders several years ago. I poked fun of them then; in poking fun @ Ford now.

I can speak with some experience here...

You can thank the hashtag culture, but two word slogans and campaign keys are by far the most likely to find hold in the landscape today. Buyers are conditioned to classify experiences, feelings, products, etc with short (one or two word, two to four syllable) description keys as they would a hashtag.

Any campaign worth its weight today will be designed to be easily translatable by your customers to their social media platforms, allowing them to broadly expand the campaign's reach.

Think about it... the idea of any image campaign like this is to connect positive attributes to your brand. Built Ford Tough worked better than maybe any other automotive campaign in decades, so much so that competitors use their exact verbiage in their ads to try to show that their own products can "out tough" Ford.

Bold Moves wasn't bad but it was also never fully fleshed out with a connective strong noun the active words were to be linked.

I imagine that the supporting material in this Ford Proud (or #FordProud... see how easy that is) is designed to convey a feeling of product superiority and, thus, shaking any lasting bit of domestic inferiority complex that lingers.

As a Marketing and Communications professional I've been rightly critical of many of Ford's external comms and PR moves over the last few years.

I'm good with this one.

• Like 3

It is actually good, it can be used around many different segments and invokes an emotional response. Which is much more powerful than a simple jingle. It can show workers at a construction site doing their job, a family, a college student graduation, someone getting a work promotion, living life to the fullest, etc. It fits with the attention span today on social media (which is a little longer than 2 seconds) it is short so its memorable.

You need an emotional response for an ad to be effective. Look at Ford co-pilot 360 commercials, they talk about the features. Subaru and Toyota show the features working, but more importantly focus on the family in the car the feature is protecting, or in Subaru's case dogs-- they actually save puppies in their commercial.

It is far better than a car driving on a mountain road or down a dirt path.

You need an emotional response for an ad to be effective. Look at Ford co-pilot 360 commercials, they talk about the features. Subaru and Toyota show the features working, but more importantly focus on the family in the car the feature is protecting, or in Subaru's case dogs-- they actually save puppies in their commercial.

Most ads touting safety items rub me the wrong way-that people are driving like idiots. There is only a couple effective ads that dont portray that.

Honestly are slogans even needed? I dont think I could name a slogan from Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, or any other manufacturer. Maybe its because I dont watch commercials anymore. built ford tough was a good one though, it conveyed the message that the vehicles were tough. Ford proud doesnt convey anything. It doesnt separate the product from the others.

I don't know why people are so quick to be negative, but I think it's a great slogan, especially in a social media culture. It's simple, easy to use, and has some degree of emotional resonance and defines people instead of a corporation.

It could also be obnoxious to people who don't want pride in Ford which is a GREAT thing, you want advocates or evangelists for your company.

Edited by Assimilator

"proud"...wow... hmm I'm gay and I'll say that "proud and pride" are words usually used to associate with "Alternative lifestyle"...

True Proud is used in the context of Proud and Pride, though Pride seems like the more heavily used term. Personally the word Proud in Ford Proud, in my mind, reminds me of the song Proud to be an American (granted its harder to be proud of that these days but I'm still Proud - really rouge killers?). Anyway, Ford still has a long history of family ownership in the U.S., a long history of philanthropy in the U.S. and a history of vehicles that are a positive part of our culture and U.S. Car Manufacturing, there is much to be proud of. Many view cars merely as a way to get around, which maybe a good thing, but those who spend a bit more want to be proud of their vehicle. These are they buyers Ford is chasing. Hopefully Ford Proud and the new products work so that I can once again be proud of my Ford Stock!

Edited by Fordowner
  • Like 2

With the extreme far right political group known as the "Proud Boys"...you may want to rethink that slogan.

ANTAUS, on 15 Oct 2018 - 9:24 PM, said:snapback.png

"proud"...wow... hmm I'm gay and I'll say that "proud and pride" are words usually used to associate with "Alternative lifestyle"...

Groups adopting and hijacking common English words as their own does not in fact change meaning of the word. If that becomes normalized, then we enter very slippery slope territory. It is Ok for anyone to be 'proud' of your history, your success, and your legacy no matter what the special interests think

• Like 1

Groups adopting and hijacking common English words as their own does not in fact change meaning of the word. If that becomes normalized, then we enter very slippery slope territory. It is Ok for anyone to be 'proud' of your history, your success, and your legacy no matter what the special interests think

That is likewise true...

Most ads touting safety items rub me the wrong way-that people are driving like idiots. There is only a couple effective ads that dont portray that.

I agree with this. This just encourages people to over rely on these safety features and create even worse drivers than we already have. I remember an article back in the early 90's when anti-lock brakes were coming to main stream cars. It compared the same models with and without anti-lock and the ones with them had a lot higher single accident rates. Now of course you can't not have new safety features but make it clear that these are not to take the place of attentive driving. Yeah who an I kidding!

"Ford Proud"?? Die hard Ford guy but what am I proud of today? Ford seems to be in full retreat. Now I have to admit-I still go on "You Tube" and listen to the various "Have you driven a Ford lately" spots . And i keep looking for the "Ford that's Incredible" spots-with out success by the way.

But Ford Proud? This has to be an original thought from the "cerebral thinker".

"Winning the World Over"? Another great one- but this???????

Hopefully I'm a minority and the public will love it-at least in Silicon Valley.

• Like 1