COTUS is now Dead?

Stonecoldtx

That doesn’t negate the fact that they have access to the information and you are their customer and it’s their responsibility to keep you updated.

Once you have a VIN you should get the same info as COTUS had. Before you get a VIN it’s not going to show you anything anyway, is it? It will just say that it’s unscheduled.

Sorry, but I learned a long time ago not to rely upon other people for anything . . . asking a dealership to provide me with timely updates is not an option here, because if you know anything about dealerships, you know that this ain't gonna happen . . .

He wasn't proposing telling the dealer "hey, send me updates." K thanks!

He was saying the only way you're going to get more information than the new site provides is to get it from the dealer - by contacting them whenever you want an update.

If I wanted more detail than what I could get on my own I'd be calling the salesperson and/or the sales manager every week and asking for an update. If they won't give it to then you're buying from the wrong dealership.

Yes, I think I did.... but the order has been in for two months now, so if I canx, will have to start all over again...

Has anybody actually read my original post? Based on the comments in this thread, it seems unlikely . . .

Yeah we read it. What's your point?

akirby provided COTUS' replacement site. Otherwise you have to contact your dealer. Not sure what else there is to say about it?

The "COTUS checker" checks for updates on ordered vehicles once every hour, and anytime a change was posted on COTUS, an e-mail was sent to the person whose vehicle was ordered. Those updates included things like a change to the status--In Production to Awaiting Transportation, or Estimated Delivery Date.

People could simply register on the website, and it would provide the updates automatically . . . now, anybody who is/was relying upon that to provide updates have no choice but to go to the "New" website which has less information, can only find information about an order by the VIN, and can't get automatic updates that the COTUS Checker provided

YOU may not think it's a big deal, but I am trying to make sure I can take delivery of my vehicle by the end of October, before my $3000 PCO expires, and I'm sure there are others in the same boat!

Ok so you have to do it manually now. Whats the problem? The new page give the exact same information.

There is zero need for hourly updates when they all use the same system the dealers have access to that only updates once or twice a day.

And one last thing, there's no need to get mad at us or Ford for your lack of planning. You knew your lease or whatever expires at the end of the month, perhaps next time order earlier. You never know what kind of production and shipping delays happen or when they might happen.

I ordered my truck on August 18th, and had to reorder it on September 13th, because someone at Ford didn't add an option that was clearly listed on the order form . . . there is no lack of planning on my part here . . . however, even having stated that, I am not mad . . . more accurately, I am concerned about getting my truck before the PCO expires . . . if that happens, THEN I'll be mad!

I relied upon the COTUS checker because of the fact that changes to the system are NOT just updated a couple of times a day . . . anybody who has used that tracker can attest to that--and I don't have the ability to do that 24X7 . . . while I obviously don't need any updates outside of business hours, it's nice when an update pops into my mailbox during that time, allowing me time to contact the dealer if I need to.

Next--in my original post, and in post 13, I made a simple statement about the fact that this is a bad thing for those of us that use COTUS Checker.

There are a HUGE amount of assumptions here in this thread based on my original post, none of which are valid, accurate or true. You assume that I am pissed that the COTUS checker is gone--I never said anything of the kind. You assumed that I didn't plan properly, again not true.

Others assumed that I didn't know about the new tracking website . . . I knew about that weeks ago--but the COTUS Checker doesn't USE that website, so stating that the new website exists and that COTUS was a pilot is irrelevant . . .

Maybe if people stopped to actually READ what was posted, and not make assumptions, things would be a little clearer . . .

YOU may not think it's a big deal, but I am trying to make sure I can take delivery of my vehicle by the end of October, before my $3000 PCO expires, and I'm sure there are others in the same boat!

Cotus won't get your car here any sooner. Tracking it won't speed anything up. Relax, your car will be here when it gets here. If you need it by the end of the month, as long as you have a VIN, you should be able to do the paperwork before it comes in to be sure you get that extra $3k.

Geez, lighten up dude.

The original truck I ordered was delivered to the railhead in the DFW area on 10-1 . . . if everything proceeds at the same pace, then it is reasonable to expect that the new order will be here on 10-29, but it currently has a Estimated Delivery Date of 11-5 . . . I have a VIN, I have the window sticker, but I still want to track it to make sure there are no "gotchas", like delays due to whatever reason . . . I already had a problem with the original order, and if a problem occurs here, I want to make sure I am on top of it and get it taken care of so that it will get here in time for that PCO . . . I'm no attorney, but seems like doing the paperwork before the dealer receives the actual vehicle would more than likely be illegal . . .

By the way--there really is no reason for anybody to post any further on this thread . . . my points in my original post were simple--COTUS is dead, and for those of us that use COTUS Checker, this is a bad thing.

I don't need to explain to anybody why I want or need it . . . this is, after all, a free country

Edited by Stonecoldtx

You say flat out it's not a good thing for people who use COTUS, and completely ignore the new site gives you the same exact information then tell us not to assume youre pissed when your original post totally reads like someone who is pissed

You heard the man, there's no more need to comment! How dare you disobey!

In other words: "I don't care what you say, I have my mind made up and I'm not going to listen to anyone who tries to help me or give me advice! Piss on all of y'all, I just came here to complain, not solve a problem so shut up! But, I'm not mad."

• Like 1