Ford 2018-19 auto show debut speculations

• 3 weeks later...

I went to pick up my badge for press days at LA Autoshow this morning... The show floor is not open yet but I saw the production Aviator

Also saw the new Kia Soul... still amazed how they got this vehicle so right and no one else has managed to crack the code on B-segment hatchback in the US.

https://laautoshow.com/vehicle-debuts/?fwp_paged=2

27 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I went to pick up my badge for press days at LA Autoshow this morning... The show floor is not open yet but I saw the production Aviator

Also saw the new Kia Soul... still amazed how they got this vehicle so right and no one else has managed to crack the code on B-segment hatchback in the US.

https://laautoshow.com/vehicle-debuts/?fwp_paged=2

Care to share any opinions or thoughts of it?

You'll see all the press photos tomorrow when the embargo lifts but there is no surprises on Aviator... it looks very similar to the concept. The interior material *looks* amazing... I say looks because I was not able to sit inside. But I plan to go back on Wednesday when the doors should be unlocked for media day.

Kia Soul is a complete home run again for the company. They gonna sell as many as they can make. Kia nailed everything. Lots of interesting details.

Edited by bzcat

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

You'll see all the press photos tomorrow when the embargo lifts but there is no surprises on Aviator...

I'm guessing the embargo lifts right after midnight so only just over 7 hours from now?

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

it looks very similar to the concept. The interior material *looks* amazing... I say looks because I was not able to sit inside. But I plan to go back on Wednesday when the doors should be unlocked for media day

I figured there would be similarities as far as how the Aviator looks on the exterior. I wonder about the interior of the production version as the concept shown earlier this year was a bit too Concept-y. Can't wait to see it! I am hoping to be able to view the live streaming of the reveal if I can find where I can view it.

4 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I'm guessing the embargo lifts right after midnight so only just over 7 hours from now?

I figured there would be similarities as far as how the Aviator looks on the exterior. I wonder about the interior of the production version as the concept shown earlier this year was a bit too Concept-y. Can't wait to see it! I am hoping to be able to view the live streaming of the reveal if I can find where I can view it.

There was nothing concepty about the interior of Aviator.  It used all production looking parts.  The production version looks identical to the concept:

avinterior

I tried to find a similar angle of the concept:

Lincoln Aviator Concept, 2018 - Interior

• Like 1

How interesting. Had not seen that spy shot of the test vehicle's interior before. So I guess not much is changing then which kinda defeats the purpose of even showing the production version of the Aviator at all then when they could have shown the concept for the Lincoln Corsair ahead of 2020 Escape reveal at Detroit Auto Show. Something that would have brought excitement to the LA show. Then they could reveal some other Lincoln product for the New York Auto Show in a few months. But will still be waiting for embargo to lift come midnight though.

11 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

How interesting. Had not seen that spy shot of the test vehicle's interior before. So I guess not much is changing then which kinda defeats the purpose of even showing the production version of the Aviator at all then when they could have shown the concept for the Lincoln Corsair ahead of 2020 Escape reveal at Detroit Auto Show. Something that would have brought excitement to the LA show. Then they could reveal some other Lincoln product for the New York Auto Show in a few months. But will still be waiting for embargo to lift come midnight though.

Are you trying to say Aviator won't bring excitement to the LA Auto show?  We'll have powertrain details too.

Why would they show a concept Corsair when they're due to show the production model shortly at one of this year's shows?

14 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I can tell you right now expect the 2020 Corsair to look a lot like the 2019 MKC, just a little longer. 

Corsair looks like an Aviator crossed with an MKC with a more prominent arc to the shoulder line similar to a Merc.  It doesn't really look like the current MKC to me (which looks terrible since the 2019 update IMO).

Aviator interior really isn't a mystery at all, it's heavily based on the Navigator.

Aviator has striking proportions, tasteful details, certainly the finest SUV design to come out of Detroit. It's still no Land Rover, but it's not too far behind. 

I'm still not a huge fan of disconnected floating elements of the interior design, I'd prefer something a little less whimsical but it's hard to deny the wow factor.  

34 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Are you trying to say Aviator won't bring excitement to the LA Auto show?  We'll have powertrain details too.

Why would they show a concept Corsair when they're due to show the production model shortly at one of this year's shows?

I was not aware that powertrain details were being discussed/announced too. I thought it was just a reveal with some few ambiguous info that leaves some wanting for more info. The main reason why it won't be much excitement is that the Concept was already shown last spring. Sure there will be powertrain details but still. I guess I'll just wait and see tomorrow. Also, it doesn't even have to be concept of the Corsair as they could have gone on and shown the production of the Corsair and then production of Escape in Detroit next month. Perhaps some additional info about other lineup will be discussed too.

19 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Corsair looks like an Aviator crossed with an MKC with a more prominent arc to the shoulder line similar to a Merc.  It doesn't really look like the current MKC to me (which looks terrible since the 2019 update IMO).

Aviator interior really isn't a mystery at all, it's heavily based on the Navigator.

Aviator has striking proportions, tasteful details, certainly the finest SUV design to come out of Detroit. It's still no Land Rover, but it's not too far behind. 

I'm still not a huge fan of disconnected floating elements of the interior design, I'd prefer something a little less whimsical but it's hard to deny the wow factor. 

I can't wait to see what the Corsair will look like then based on how you describe it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Aviator and know it will be a great success for Lincoln. I was disappointed at first that the Aviator was to be shown when I didn't realize that other details would be discussed too. So I'll see how it all goes tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I think MKC front-end is wonderful. 

1 hour ago, Assimilator said:

I'm literally basing it off the liftgate because I've actually seen that. They were building prototypes all weekend to program the welding robots.