Crazy rumor of the day: Bronco to get 7 speed manual?!

I know what they said that back then but, has Ford recently said in any press release that Bronco will be arriving in 2020?

(I suspect the 2016 announcement was based on the presumption that they could use the Gen 1 Everest as a Bronco)

Edited by jpd80

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/ -- this site has "COMING IN 2020"

https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/suv/The-Ford-Bronco-is-Coming-Back.html--- this page lists " The rugged new Bronco will be a midsize SUV, and will be part of the global Ford vehicle portfolio in 2020."

The press release from that product presentation in March:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/15/ford-readies-north-americas-freshest-lineup-by-2020.html

By 2020, Ford estimates SUV sales could account for 50 percent of U.S. industry retail sales – one reason Ford is reallocating $7 billion in capital from cars to SUVs. By 2020, Ford plans an industry-leading lineup of eight SUVs – five of which will offer hybrid powertrains and one battery electric. Ford SUV sales are estimated to grow 20 percent – more than double the industry rate – to more than 950,000 by 2020, according to LMC Automotive, and surpass 1 million by 2021.

After recently introducing an all-new model at each end of the SUV spectrum – the subcompact EcoSport and full-size Expedition – Ford’s next push is in the highest volume SUV segments. Entirely new versions of the Escape and Explorer debut next year; combined, these two models make up 70 percent of Ford’s SUV volume.

Ford also plans to drive growth with two all-new off-road models: the new Bronco and a yet-to-be-named off-road small utility – both designed to win a growing number of people who love getting away and spending time outdoors with their families and friends

So 8 by 2020.

We currently have 5: EcoSport, Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition

They said that 8 includes the BEV, so with that, we're up to 6.

The remaining 2 are Bronco and baby-Bronco.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/ -- this site has "COMING IN 2020"

https://social.ford.com/en_US/story/vehicle-type/suv/The-Ford-Bronco-is-Coming-Back.html--- this page lists " The rugged new Bronco will be a midsize SUV, and will be part of the global Ford vehicle portfolio in 2020."

The press release from that product presentation in March:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/15/ford-readies-north-americas-freshest-lineup-by-2020.html

So 8 by 2020.

We currently have 5: EcoSport, Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition

They said that 8 includes the BEV, so with that, we're up to 6.

The remaining 2 are Bronco and baby-Bronco.

Mike Levine has also said it on twitter on multiple occasions.

And my dad just did something for baby Bronco that wrapped up a few weeks ago. He didn't say what though. It was definitely CX430 which is widely assumed to be Baby Bronco (Maverick).

I'm wondering if the Baby Bronco is going to be Roughly the size of the Last Gen Escape (before it moved to the Focus platform)

2010 Escape 175″ L x 71″ W x 68″ H

2018 Escape 178″ L x 72″ W x 66″ H

2020 Escape 181″ L x 73″ W x 66' H?

2021 Maverick/Baby Bronco 169-173" L x 72' W x 66' H?

Seems like the smaller CUVs like the Compass/HR-V/Renegade are below 175 inches in length with the B class at the high end of 160 inch range. The Ecosport is tiny at 161 inches.

And my dad just did something for baby Bronco that wrapped up a few weeks ago. He didn't say what though. It was definitely CX430 which is widely assumed to be Baby Bronco (Maverick).

Oh I didn't know your dad was working on the CX430 baby Bronco project. I thought it was the regular 'big' Bronco. I bet he's so excited about it (CX430) that he wishes he could tell you all about it. lol

Oh I didn't know your dad was working on the CX430 baby Bronco project. I thought it was the regular 'big' Bronco. I bet he's so excited about it (CX430) that he wishes he could tell you all about it. lol

He was working on CX430, his work with that wrapped up a few weeks ago. He's working on the actual Bronco now. Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

He was working on CX430, his work with that wrapped up a few weeks ago. He's working on the actual Bronco now.

Oh, so two Broncos then. Well the baby one being Maverick but still.

Interesting about the possibility of 7-speed manual being offered for the big Bronco, back on thread. I at first thought it could be 6-speed regular gears with a L low granny gear for off roading until I read about Getrag and how it's also used in Corvette and 911. Makes sense to use that for Bronco if the same transmission will be offered in next generation Mustang.

Tell him to hurry up lol

Lol trust me it's not him. If I know anything about him his part will be done within a day on his end and then Ford will go and ask for something completely different. I've been hearing about that kind of thing for as long as I can remember.

He's just as excited about it as everyone else. He still regrets getting rid of his 95 despite the major body rust on it.

We keep hearing about the CX430-has the new Escape platform been designated outside of it being off the C2 platform?

Another insult to injury reguarding the Bronco-Im assuming the design study was done within the past 4-5 years and the Cx430 got its styling from one of the Bronco internal concepts-which going by what some people are saying here will actually show up before the real Bronco does.

If what JPD is saying pans out, we wont see a a Bronco for almost another three years or so. Ford is going to a lot of explaining to do to the UAW, etc.

We keep hearing about the CX430-has the new Escape platform been designated outside of it being off the C2 platform?

Another insult to injury reguarding the Bronco-Im assuming the design study was done within the past 4-5 years and the Cx430 got its styling from one of the Bronco internal concepts-which going by what some people are saying here will actually show up before the real Bronco does.

If what JPD is saying pans out, we wont see a a Bronco for almost another three years or so. Ford is going to a lot of explaining to do to the UAW, etc.

For now, stick to what Ford is saying 2020 - There's a lot going on with the T6 program,

so comments may conflict depending on which region / section, it could be that the ICE

basic Bronco is 2020 and something like HEV or PHEV is a year later

The acid test will be if there is any prototypes next year, that will be a darned good hint that Bronco is on for 2020

I'm wondering if the Baby Bronco is going to be Roughly the size of the Last Gen Escape (before it moved to the Focus platform)

2010 Escape 175″ L x 71″ W x 68″ H

2018 Escape 178″ L x 72″ W x 66″ H

2020 Escape 181″ L x 73″ W x 66' H?

2021 Maverick/Baby Bronco 169-173" L x 72' W x 66' H?

Seems like the smaller CUVs like the Compass/HR-V/Renegade are below 175 inches in length with the B class at the high end of 160 inch range. The Ecosport is tiny at 161 inches.

The pre-C1 Escape size is a good measuring stick for baby Bronco. But you don't need to go back that far. Baby Bronco is replacing C-Max so I think it will be slightly bigger than the current C-Max, Jeep Compass or Nissan Rogue Sport.

C-Max: 173.6" x 72" x 63.9"

Compass: 173" x 72" x 64.6"

Rogue Sport: 172.4" x 72.3" x 63.4"

Edited by bzcat

I just saw your message-that makes more sense.

Arent the Mustang and F-150 on track for a HEV around the same time frame?

My thoughts exactly, Next yer is all about Explorer and Aviator launch and roll out

laying the ground work for power train options to expand to F150, Bronco nd Mustang.

Sorry, Fat finger syndrome...

Like many here, I'm hoping that Ranger launches smoothly with higher than expected interest.

The 2.3 EB across all trims should make an interesting change to competitor I-4 & V6 offerings.

Edited by jpd80