Crazy rumor of the day: Bronco to get 7 speed manual?!

Aimed at Jeep to me means it has to be baby Bronco/Maverick. Wonder if that means it'll be here sooner than we think?

I dont see how its possible before 2020-I havent seen anything on shutdown of Fiesta or Fusion production in Mexico-were it would be most likely built. Edited by silvrsvt

2020 is being misread by many, it is Project 2020 which denotes next generation T6,

Bronco will be the first vehicle on this new architecture in late 2021 as a 2022 model

What dealer principles will most likely see is a concept, possibly a rock crawler

version to test the water for responses.

The reason we're not seeing and reading more about Bronco is that it's still too early.

Edited by jpd80

2020 is being misread by many, it is Project 2020 which denotes next generation T6,

Bronco will be the first vehicle on this new architecture in late 2021 as a 2022 model

What dealer principles will most likely see is a concept, possibly a rock crawler

The reason we're not seeing and reading more about Bronco is that it's still too early.

I'm sorry. If Bronco isn't going to be around until late 2021 as a 2022 MY, they should just cancel it now and close the company. That's f***ing absurd to have been talking about it returning since 2017 for it to take 4 years for them to debut the thing.

On the positive side, the Mustang will be almost paid off by then....

I dont see how its possible before 2020-I havent seen anything on shutdown of Fiesta or Fusion production in Mexico-were it would be most likely built.

I'm with you - just wondering why else they'd show it now?

Edited by rmc523

If that is the case Ford has some serious explaining to do, because they've been promising the Bronco in 2020 since 2016. I honestly wonder if Ford will be able to recover from that kind of colossal failure.

Actually scratch that, it's really 2015 when it was promised by 2020 in the UAW contract. However I'm not surprised they would break that promise, they have a hard enough time honoring the contract but that's another discussion for a different forum.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

When interviewed at the Uncovered event, Jim Farley specifically set expectations for the Bronco as a vehicle they don't directly compare to Wrangler or Land Rover. Specifically because they don't see it as an extreme off-roader but geared toward best-in-class performance like the Raptor.

https://youtu.be/Uo2ah-_6SvM?t=67

Bronco will outrun Wrangler, but you'd be in for some trouble if you expect Bronco to do what a Wrangler can off-road.

And besides, look at the Wrangler design, it's a freak of nature with that extremely long wheelbase with exposed front wheels extending beyond the front-end. Bronco has its own niche however. I would personally still prefer the new Explorer for performance and Wrangler if I wanted an exotic off-roading convertible, but Bronco should bridge that gap and offer something a little more personal, authentic and durable.

Edited by Assimilator

When interviewed at the Uncovered event, Jim Farley specifically set expectations for the Bronco as a vehicle they don't directly compare to Wrangler or Land Rover. Specifically because they don't see it as an extreme off-roader but geared toward best-in-class performance like the Raptor.

Bronco will outrun Wrangler, but you'd be in for some trouble if you expect Bronco to do what a Wrangler can off-road.

And besides, look at the Wrangler design, it's a freak of nature with that extremely long wheelbase with exposed front wheels extending beyond the front-end. Bronco has its own niche however. I would personally still prefer the new Explorer for performance and Wrangler if I wanted an exotic off-roading convertible, but Bronco should bridge that gap and offer something a little more personal, authentic and durable.

I thought Farley has previously stated words to effect it WOULD be very off road capable???

I thought Farley has previously stated words to effect it WOULD be very off road capable???

Watch the video I linked, that's Farley talking bout it. He actually specifically says "Our image for the whole lineup is focused on high peed, sand, fun to drive and for people who just want to go outdoors but not specifically...they can go to Moab, but we're really not designing the lineup for that". This is in reference to the Bronco 2-Door, 4-Door, and "Maverick".

I'm sure the Bronco can handle some off-roading, probably the same off-roading that an Everest or Ranger can do, but it will have much more style, performance, and personality than those vehicles. I know Ford is probably nervous about the expectation that it's going to be put head to head with a Wrangler on those trails.

Personally, I'm curious to see what kind of suspension it has in the back.

Edited by Assimilator

I'm sorry. If Bronco isn't going to be around until late 2021 as a 2022 MY, they should just cancel it now and close the company. That's f***ing absurd to have been talking about it returning since 2017 for it to take 4 years for them to debut the thing.

On the positive side, the Mustang will be almost paid off by then....

I'm with you - just wondering why else they'd show it now?

If that is the case Ford has some serious explaining to do, because they've been promising the Bronco in 2020 since 2016. I honestly wonder if Ford will be able to recover from that kind of colossal failure.

Actually scratch that, it's really 2015 when it was promised by 2020 in the UAW contract. However I'm not surprised they would break that promise, they have a hard enough time honoring the contract but that's another discussion for a different forum.

I'm lead to believe that the timetable on Bronco was always late 2021,

people flapping their gums about it way too early not withstanding....

The timeline of Gen 1 T6 product delivery from 2015 up till now doesn't

support any suggestion of delays to Next Gen T6 product development.

What has changed is the interest level in Ford developing a Bronco.

Unreal expectations on product delivery time line have abounded since 2016

but everyone agrees that Bronco must never be a rebadged Everest.......

If the Bronco doesnt go into production till 2021-Ford has seriously fucked up. There is no reason why it cant be in production before the end of 2020-that is 28 months away.

If they been working on it since 2016 or so, what fuck have they been doing for the past 18-24 months?

Just IMO, the vast majority of Wranglers drive around in cities and never see offroad aside from a dirt driveway - I think Bronco will be perfect for the majority of people. I'm still hopeful that it has all the typical Ford creature comforts available (all the bells and whistles).

If the Bronco doesnt go into production till 2021-Ford has seriously fucked up. There is no reason why it cant be in production before the end of 2020-that is 28 months away.

If they been working on it since 2016 or so, what fuck have they been doing for the past 18-24 months?

Agree completely. I can see the "coming in 2020" meant as in it's a 2021 model beginning production in 2020, but if it's another year beyond that, that's pathetic.

Edited by rmc523

Getting your stupid last minute Ranger ready....

The plan was always for First T6 Gen 2 vehicle (Bronco) at end of 2021, that was known internally two years ago.

I think part of the issue is the timing of North America wanting back in on T6 and the expansion of the original product envelope.

There is more to Bronco product that cannot be discussed yet but should be quite surprising when details are rvealed closer to 2021.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Getting your stupid last minute Ranger ready....

The plan was always for First T6 Gen 2 vehicle (Bronco) at end of 2021, that was known internally two years ago.

I think part of the issue is the timing of North America wanting back in on T6 and the expansion of the original product envelope.

There is more to Bronco product that cannot be discussed yet but should be quite surprising when details are rvealed closer to 2021.

If "the plan was always for Bronco at end of 2021", why would they go out there and publicly say many times "Bronco coming in 2020"???

• Like 4

If "the plan was always for Bronco at end of 2021", why would they go out there and publicly say many times "Bronco coming in 2020"???

Exactly-this reeks of a giant cluster fuck. If the Bronco

Isnt coming out til 2021, there is zero reason to show it off this coming auto season.

Ford would be better off coming out and saying its delayed to 2021 instead of pissing off people who are expecting it in the next 2 years.

As for the Ranger causing delays-what in the fuck?! Going by the current and near future release dates-there is Zero reason for this-its not like Ranger was a major effort-it was a MCE with some adaptations for the US market.

Cant believe how freaking pissed I am about this. Can this company be run any worse then it is? Planning for this should have been taking place already in 2016-17 and its not like we are talking about a completely new product either here.

Exactly-this reeks of a giant cluster fuck. If the Bronco

Isnt coming out til 2021, there is zero reason to show it off this coming auto season.

Ford would be better off coming out and saying its delayed to 2021 instead of pissing off people who are expecting it in the next 2 years.

As for the Ranger causing delays-what in the fuck?! Going by the current and near future release dates-there is Zero reason for this-its not like Ranger was a major effort-it was a MCE with some adaptations for the US market.

Cant believe how freaking pissed I am about this. Can this company be run any worse then it is? Planning for this should have been taking place already in 2016-17 and its not like we are talking about a completely new product either here.

Agree 100%. I've been waiting since 2010 for a decent replacement for my Sport Trac and IMO the 2019 Ranger ain't it. Especially considering that what we are getting was new WAAAAAAY back then. At least eight model years will have passed before it goes on sale. Add in the fact that IMO it's not even getting a real truck engine...NO THANKS. Now we here rumors that the next gen, which MIGHT be better and MIGHT have more powertrain options, won't be out for another, what, three years?!!! I know nobody here wants to here this but that nonsense about "We are not afraid to compete with ourselves" was total bullshit. I guess I should have succumbed to reality five years ago and bought an over-kill F-150 like everyone else.

It's been obvious for a while now that the people currently running Ford are in way over their heads. The jury is still [kinda] out on Hackett, but he hasn't managed to fix much of anything as far as the available evidence indicates.

I'm convinced the big problem is that Fields put resources into the pie-in-the-sky autonomous and electrification schemes directly at the expense of the bread and butter ICE models. We're now seeing the results. Hackett seems to be full speed ahead on the pie-in-the-sky stuff AND appears to think he can cut his way to greater profitability. I don't see his plan working very well as more development resources for the bread and butter stuff is what Ford needs in the immediate and medium range future.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

Agree completely. I can see the "coming in 2020" meant as in it's a 2021 model beginning production in 2020, but if it's another year beyond that, that's pathetic.

Here's a thought,

If the time line for the first vehicle on next gen T6 was always late 2021, what does that say about the UAW talk in early 2016?

were those leaders told things years ahead to seal a deal back then and what if current product cycle timing wasn't considered

when those negotiation/ agreements were done?

it looks like Ford already had a plan back in 2015 to put the skids under Focus but really hadn't worked out the details

of succession.....

Depending on where the current product cycle is, you just can't commit to a new vehicle in four years time,

In the case of T6 in late 2015, that would have meant a new top hat on current Everest that arrived in 2014,

three years after T6 Ranger........so guessing that Everest will be the last vehicle on gen2 T6 maybe 2023.

Clearly, it was considered better to put Bronco on next Gen T6 than trying to change the current T6 Everest to suit.

I'm hoping that the light bulb comes on here....maybe you guys forced Ford to do a better job...

Edited by jpd80